CLOSED: Harvest Moon Espresso Bar

Contact n/a

64 Northgate St, Chester, England, CH1 2HT

Serves meat, vegan options available. Veg-friendly coffee house with a sense of community, run by a husband & wife team. Serves sandwiches, crepes, brunch, and meals. Located across from Chester library. NOV 2015 REPORTED SHUT, FB GONE. Mon-Sat 10:00am-5:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Take-out, British, Catering, German, Non-veg

First Review by Stevie

Harvest Moon Espresso Bar - Edit

I had lunch here today. The listing on happycow has the placed described as 100% vego. This is incorrect as it most certainly is not (I've submitted a listing update request so hopefully that should be corrected soon.

I asked the girl behind the counter what they have that is vegan friendly. The response was pretty limited, humus platter, vegan sandwich or bagel with peanut butter. The chef came up to try to help and both of them were really nice. I went for the 1/2 humus platter which is a bit more suited to 1 person (£8.20 for the non half platter didn't seem great value). The platter itself consisted of the humus in a little pot and underwhelmingly, some slices of cucumber, carrot and celery (maybe they have a thing about vegetables that begin with the letter 'c').

There's soya milk to go with the coffee if desired. I went for the hot chocolate drink which I was told is vegan when I asked and it was a triumph, fabulous. That saved me from rating this place as a 2 rather than a 3 which I had been contemplating due to the previous paragraph.

Location is across the diagonally across the street from tourist info and a few doors up from Chester Cathedral. Staff are nice, the decor is nice and the atmo is nice. As a vegan I wouldn't travel from out of town to eat here but in Chester, at least it is an option in an otherwise pretty sparse landscape for veg*nism.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Nice staff & atmo, Central location

Cons: Not 100% vego, Underwhelming vegan options

Return to Chester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Harvest Moon Espresso Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1670 times since Oct 2013.