First Review by triley

Amazing Vegan selection - Edit

I felt compelled to write a review after seeing the amazing vegan selection. Better than any store I've ever been to, which was really surprising for a small town grocer. I picked up a brand of vegan cheese I had never seen anywhere else.

Pros: Selection

Cons: A bit pricey

Contributions +195

Where Safeway meets Whole Foods.... - Edit

The Fort Bragg Harvest is a bit larger and better priced than the Mendocino village one, but still doesn't quite cut it. Lots of meat, super expensive bulk items (grains, beans, teas, etc.), and they also carry twinkies and such. Definitely a "lets make money wherever we can type of place".
But, you can get all the Vegan basics, you'll just pay a little more than you are used to.

Pros: Basic Vegan options

Cons: Expensive, Not really a health food store, Politically divisive owners

A little bit of everything and it's all very good - Edit

We live in Fort Bragg and therefore shop at Harvest Market regularly. If you look at their web site, it pretty much says what they have. What I would add, is that we have many RV friends that come to visit us or pass through Fort Bragg and the one place they all want to return to visit is Harvest Market. Everyone, vegan, vegetarian or traditional, loves this store!

The deli has mostly traditional but also a good assortment of vegetarian dishes and sandwiches. The produce department and bulk food sections are excellent.

As vegans, we have no problems finding everything we need at Harvest Market. Even the Gift and General Merchandise section is fun to browse. This morning we bought several Christmas gifts and stocking stuffers while shopping.

There are dining tables near the deli (also outside) but when it's really cold, those areas probably aren't too comfortable.

Harvest Market is a real asset to our community. It is very involved supporting local organizations.

Pros: Complete store and deli, helpful, friendly staff, lots of local and organic

Return to Fort Bragg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harvest Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 752 times since Aug 2007.