First Review by sparker

Very Pleased - Edit

This is my favorite health food store in town. I have a handful of favorite things that I can only get here. I think their prices are fair and the staff is always nice. My son loves their race car carts.

Pros: Selection, Location, Prices

One of the worst health food stores I've seen. - Edit

I was excited about HH because the size of the building is considerably large. I ended up being disappointed again and again because:
--out of date items, they do not check dry goods regularly. I don't like having to check each box I buy and I don't think that as a paying customer I should have to. To pay $$$$ for boxed vegan goods only to get home to see the item is out of date is incredibly frustrating
--archaic computer system for checking out. There are no bar codes used, and each item is entered into the machine by a cashier who then sets an item to the side a little to enter another item. I have seen cashiers re-ring items many times, and I can' be sure if the amounts are entered in correctly as there is no screen for me to review the items and the receipts do not display anything more than "GROCERY: $8.65" or whatever.
--higher prices than anywhere else. I understand HH can't sell things for what Whole Foods does, but almost $6 for a bag of Daiya cheese!??! Everything at Apple Valley (all vegetarian/vegan store in Kentwood) is considerably cheaper than HH. And don't even THINK of buying supplements/vitamins there. A jar of my protein powder is $16 at vitacost.com when it is THIRTY SIX DOLLARS at Harvest Health. Why do they think they can charge SO MUCH? Over twice the value of an item, and they purchase things at wholesale, or at least cheaper than retail value?!

Seriously, if you are Vegan or Vegetarian, save your time and money and head to Apple Valley. I understand health food is more expensive, but it should never be THIS costly.

Cons: Overpriced, Out-of-date items, Archaic computer system

return policy - Edit

return policy on grocery items are not consumer friendly. Any other grocery store will refund your purchase on opened grocery items,with a receipt, and without a reason. Maybe they are not compensated by the manufacturer of the product if it is opened, I'm not sure.

Just as good as the one in downtown GR! - Edit

I found Harvest Health Foods originally in Grand Rapids (on Eastern), and was SO pleased when they opened one in Hudsonville, as I was living there at the time. The store is lovely; it is like a mini supermarket, including fresh produce and fresh and frozen items. Very friendly and knowledgable staff.

Pros: good sized store, good variety, friendly

Return to Hudsonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harvest Health Foods - Hudsonville closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1712 times since Aug 2007.