Harukucchii

0466-904554

3-22 Kugenumahanazawacho, Fujisawa, Japan, 251-0023

Est. Jul 2014. Small (12 seats) cozy vegan restaurant located 5 minutes from Fujisawa JR station (or 10 minutes from Fujisawa Enoden Station). The owner/chef is a specialist in wine, which is reflected in the menu. Serves 4 different sets for lunch and a la carte for dinner. Check Facebook for updates. It also has vegan cakes and ice cream. English menu. Address in Japanese: 神奈川県藤沢市鵠沼花沢町3-22. Open Mon 11:30am-3:00pm, Mon 5:00pm-11:00pm, Wed-Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm, Thu 11:30am-3:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm. Last orders 1 hour before closing.

Category: Vegan, Italian, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Bakery

First Review by eatinggreen

Hidden Gem Near Enoshima - Edit

If you're going to Enoshima, make sure to stop by this place. Reservations are recommended but they're easy to make. It has a nice selection of wines and delicious vegan dishes. Expect to spend around 3000 yen per person for dinner. The owner is really kind and helpful.

Pros: Nice owner, Delicious, Great atmosphere

Cons: Might take a while, A little pricey

My favourite after 1+ months in Japan - Edit

A five minute walk from Fujisawa train station. I was on my way back from Kamakura, but I'd recommend visiting Fujisawa just to eat here. It. Was. Spectacular. I had actually changed the day of my visit to Kamakura so I could go here (it's closed on Tuesdays) and I thought I was being silly, but this was a great decision. It's a really tiny space (maybe ten or twelve seats) and it's not cheap, but boy is it good. Did I mention it was delicious? I would normally be hesitant with these prices, but thanks to their free wifi (password: harukucchii01) I found out the US election results after a day of being offline and decided to just drown my sorrows in gourmet vegan food.

The menu is not available in English, but the waitress gladly translated every single item for me. There are loads of options, and really interesting ones that I haven't seen elsewhere. I had spicy edamame, which came with a warning from the chef: "this is too spicy. That red one is danger. Be careful, okay?" It was perfect (I love spicy food). I didn't eat the red chilli that sat on top because I didn't want to destroy myself for the rest of the meal, but I did lick it. I had also ordered rice milk, which was rich and creamy and a great compliment to the spice. I also ate fried potatoes, which were simple but perfectly seasoned and cooked, plus deep fried konnyaku, which came with lettuce and a little dish of salt to dip. Everything just tasted incredible. I followed up with hojicha, and matcha 'tiramisu'. I don't like tiramisu, but in my experience so far Japan's idea of tiramisu is varied and unusual, and I'm game for anything with matcha. It was a green, creamy layered sponge in a dish. Good stuff.

I was seated at the bar so I could somewhat see into the kitchen, and chatted with the chef and waitress. I paid just over 4,000 JPY for the meal in total, which is more than I would normally pay for dinner, but for this quality of food and service was totally fine.

This is probably my favourite in Japan (touring vegan food in Kobe, Osaka and Tokyo for a few weeks) so far!

This review was originally posted at https://rhiaro.co.uk/2016/11/vegan-in-tokyo#harukucchii

Pros: Incredible food, Friendly staff, Free wifi

Cons: Not many seats

Great find in Fujisawa - Edit

This lovely little restaurant is a little off the beaten path but definitely worth a look. The owner is extremely accommodating to foreign customers and you can really tell that vegan cooking is his passion. It's a little pricey but absolutely worth it.

Pros: Delicious, great atmosphere, fantastic staff

Cons: A little pricey, could be tricky to find

Incredible service! - Edit

After a day trip to Kamakura we stopped by Harukucchi on our way back to Tokyo. The menu is in Japanese only, but the owner took the time to translate it for us, and made great recommendations. Our favourites were the edamame, rice and "chicken" bowl, deep fried yams, and the chocolate ice cream cake. If you're looking for high quality vegan food, then this is the place for you!

Pros: Great service, beautiful plating, delicious food,

Cons: Pricey, minimum one drink per person

Amazing food, service, warm and welcoming atmosphere - Edit

Thank you Haru for your wonderful hospitality. Myself and partner loved your quaint little home style restaurant.
Some of the best vegan food I have ever had, all fresh and organic. So many wonderful flavours and infusions, great deal of worldwide influence in the dishes , especially Italian but with a local Japanese twist.
Haru has a wealth of knowledge about foods and wines, true passion and great English!
Thank you once again for your hospitality, we will return!
Arigatou gozaimashita!
Becky and Paul

Pros: great to have a bar area where you can sit, little

Worth It! - Edit

I brought the whole family here and we loved every thing.

Lovely cozy place with really delicious food - Edit

We absolutely loved this place! Probably the best food we have had in Japan! It is all fresh and organic. Everything is prepared on the spot!
The owner is very helpful and his English is good for a Japanese person.
You really should try it, we can recommend the veggie burger.

Pros: Fresh and healthy, Cozy place, Affordable

A cute little find in Fujisawa - Edit

Pleased to have found this place, which we didn't know about despite it being quite close to where we live... thanks, Happycow!

We chose to catch up with a friend here one evening and I have to be honest, it was really only because there were no other vegan options open in the area that we hadn't already been to recently. Went with rather low expectations just because we had no gauge of what it was like... and were pleasantly surprised - it was pretty good!

Not a place to come for a serious meal, at least in the evenings anyway, as the only meals on offer are a veggie burger and taco rice. We all ordered the veggie burgers so can't comment on the tacos, but the burgers were enjoyed - not the best we've ever had but not too oily or junky and full of heart and soul. I think the bun may even have been wholemeal come to think of it - bonus points for that!

For appetizers we ordered marinated avocado - forgot to ask what he uses in the marinade but it tasted like it might be miso based. Whatever it was it was seriously yummy. Also tried the raw spring rolls which had something that tasted criminally close to cream cheese inside. Needless to say that was wonderful too.

Drinks - I tried a glass of their organic, minimum preservative wine. It was ok but nothing special. Then moved on to try an interestingly unique combination of soy milk and homemade ginger ale which, perhaps surprisingly, worked - thumbs up! As we finished our meal the smell of freshly roasted coffee engulfed the space. I don't drink coffee but my partner was unable to resist the spell and seemed satisfied with his choice.

Oh yes we also had desserts.. some vegetable pound cake, a 'cheesecake style cheesecake'(which of course was not a cheesecake at all as it contained no cheese!) and amazake vegan ice-cream all went down like the treats they were.

It's a small restaurant and the owner was cooking alone so nothing came out fast - not a place to go when you're in a hurry, but it's a warm, convivial experience in a small but reassuringly cozy hole in the wall. The owner is nice and fun for a chat too.. all more than what we'd ever dared to expect of our newly found neighbourhood dig.

Pros: personal feel - food as communication, great desserts, interesting drinks, a good dose of creativity and flair

Cons: limited menu, especially at night, slow - it's a one man band

Return to Fujisawa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harukucchii closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1979 times.