Hartley's Coffee and Sandwich Bar

Contact 01159504877

21 Carlton Street, Nottingham, England, NG1 1NL

Serves meat, vegan options available. Caters dietary requests. Offers vegan daily soup, bread, soy spread, choose your own salad ingredients, soy milk for hot drinks. Try the spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-4:00pm, Sun 10:00am-4:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, British, Irish, Non-veg

First Review by CLRtraveller

Cheap and cheerful - Edit

Substantial and tasty vegan breakfast 3 vegan sausages, beans, mushrooms , tinned toms and great toast brown seeded bread with Vitalite. Great cuppa tea with soya milk. Good value and great service. Clearly popular.

Pros: enough option.

Cons: good value

My favourite lunch place. - Edit

Hartleys completely understand diet choice. I have eaten here both as a non-vegan and a vegan and it's brilliant. They offer Violife as a cheese alternative on every one of their sandwiches (although the only meat alternative they have is vegan sausage.)

Their salads are gorgeous as well, and all the hot drinks can come with soy milk. Kindest staff, and just a brilliant place.

Pros: Delicious hot food, lovely staff, top vegan sausag

Favourite lunch place! - Edit

Loads of vegan options - jacket potatoes, panini, bagels, toasties, with vegan cheese, vegan sausages, hummus and roasted veg, etc. They also stock a few vegan cakes. They also have non-dairy milks for coffees and teas. The staff are absolutely lovely and the prices are very reasonable. It's a really lovely little place to spend a lunchtime, or take food away. from Plus they do student discount!

Vegan sausage and cheese panini - Edit

A hot melted vegan cheese sandwich is still a rarity and they make a fine one here. Go for vegan sausage and cheese panini, toasted to meaty melty cheesy perfection...

My first vegan toastie! - Edit

My experience at Hartley's was a special one... never before in my vegan-life had I a melty, gooey, totally indulgent and not very healthy vegan cheese toasted panini! I can't say I was ever a big cheese toastie person in my pre-vegan days but amongst all the salads and the lentils and the nut burgers and so on it was a real treat for me to have something different like this, and for it to be served in a lovely cafe serving a decent choice for vegans was even better.
I also had a lush fresh fruit smoothie, and we sat outside in the sun and it was wonderful. I recommend!

Top breakfast - Edit

We had sausage sandwiches here for breakfast last year, and they were really nice. There were a few vegan options on the menu, and even on the cake counter too. All reasonably priced, and helpful, friendly staff. Great location in the centre of town.

great find - Edit

Friendly and helpful staff. Offers many vegan possibilities. The daily soup is vegan, and I had the tasty, spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup for just £2.60.

Pros: vegan and gluten-free options, daily vegan soup, salad bar

Return to Nottingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hartley's Coffee and Sandwich Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1296 times since Dec 2012.