Harpoon Louie's

Contact 904-389-5631

4070 Herschel St, Jacksonville, Florida, USA, 32210

Serves meat, vegan options available. A neighborhood pub with a deck over the river and is pet friendly. Updated Oct 2015 current menu lists 1 vegan dish which is a BBQ sandwich, but be warned that it's fried in the same fryer as meatstuff. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by pheasance

Don't do it!!!!!! WARNING******* - Edit

They are NOT vegan friendly, period! The only thing on the menu is a bbq vegan sandwich. When I asked the server how the sandwich was prepared, she said deep fried then in the grill. In other words, not vegan friendly. When I ordered the salad, it came with croutons. AWFUL! This place must be removed!

A nice hangout spot - Edit

I really like chilling on the deck at Harpoon Louie's with my friends. It is really nice to be able to eat somewhere where all of my friends enjoy going and I can still eat a yummy vegan BBQ sandwich. (there are also multiple vegetarian options such as shepherds pie and more) Harp's is a great place to relax and be with friends.

Pros: Out-Door deck over the river, relaxed atmosphere

Pub With Separate Veg Menu - Edit

We tried Harpoon Louie's as part of Jacksonville's No Meat March. The veg menu was on a table card, which was helpful and convenient, although they vegan options were limited, and they were out of some. The veggie burger was fine but nothing special. The BBQ burger and mashed potatoes were terrific. We opted out of fries as they are cooked in the same oil as chicken. Nice beer selection, including some locals on draft. Service was friendly but slow, especially considering the place wasn't full. We liked that we know now a non-smoking place we can play pool.

Pros: beer selection, non-smoking billiards, vegan mashed potatoes

Cons: very limited parking, slow service, cold inside, smokers outside

Return to Jacksonville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harpoon Louie's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2546 times since Feb 2011.