Harmony Village Vegetarian

Contact +852-2881-5698

11/F Jardine Center, 50 Jardine's Bazaar, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China,

Has menu in English. MTR Causeway Bay station F1 exit. Moved from Shop 1, G/F Progress Commercial Bldg, 7-11 Irving St. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out

First Review by JohnnySensible

Mock but fresh ! - Edit

This Chinese-style vegetarian place food is much more high-quality and accurately prepared than average. Most of the dishes include different kinds of mock meat, but it's not overcooked, deep-oiled or MSG-loaded and side veggies are mostly steamed. They even serve steamed brown rice ... that's what won me over!

Also, they feed you no matter what's the time (I had lunch at 4 pm yesterday) and the staff is really helpful and friendly.

The place itself is nice, clean, tidy and tables are reasonably wide apart ... very rare in Hong Kong!

Pros: Food quality, Friendly Staff, Clean and spacious

Very tasty food! - Edit

This place has a large variety of tasty vegetarian and vegan meals. Lot of mockmeat, which I find ok. Very good ricedishes and casseroles. The staff is always very helpful and friendly

Pros: Great food, Variety, Friendly staff

Cons: Some dishes are a bit pricey

Late evening option - Edit

Ate dinner here after 10pm as the only veggie place open until 11pm.

Onlz a couple of other people in there at that time. They have an extensive Chinese menu with most dishes translated into English and pictures.

We chose the fried duck with taro in lemon sauce which was terrific. We also had the fried beef steak and peppers which, though good, wasn't as tasteful as the duck.

These dishes were two of the most expensive on the menu so, with tea and service, the bill came to $291.

It's clean, staff don't speak much English but the food is good.

Pros: Large menu, Late opening, Clean

Cons: Slightly expensive

Nice restaurant - Edit

This was a really nice restaurant with an extensive menu and helpful staff. We had the Stewed noodles and steamed dumplings for dinner one night. Seemed to be a popular place as there quite a few people dining there for dinner. The staff was really helpful and answered our questions. The menu had labels for which dishes were made with egg. A little pricey but we are traveling on a budget. Dishes ranged between $10-15. Like many places in Hong Kong it was inside a building on the 11th floor. Close to time square and shopping area in causeway bay. Would definitely recommend giving it a try!

flavorful and friendly - Edit

On the 11th floor this gem is off the street but worth the search. The Chinese cuisine is amazing! The food is just awesome and the staff great a definite new favorite

Pros: great food great service

Cons: not near me in the USA

Harmony Village Vegetarian, Hong Kong - Edit

Updated from previous review on Sunday March 02, 2014

This place has moved across the street to bigger and more stylish premises. Items on the menu containing egg are clearly marked. I had a snack dish today of mock chicken with seaweed that was sensational.

------------------------------------------------------
Previous review:-

I spun in here yesterday for an early evening dinner. Its a small place with a few tables and what I counted as 24 stools for them to pack people into. The menu seemed to be the same as per most of the places I've been to in HK, big big choice of dishes. The place was pleasant enough. Indeed a couple of customers at another table helped my ordering by translating to the waitress, 'no egg, no milk products' etc on my behalf.

I had a terrific miso soup followed by a main course with rice. Interesting the main course and rice together on the same plate. I suspect the waitress clocked me for what I am, namely someone new in this part of the world and still not very good with chopsticks. Of course though she was happy to provide a bowl when I indicated my intention to have a bash with the chop sticks.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Big choice

Best chines food in Hong Kong - Edit

Best chines food in Hong Kong - yes, you have to like mock meat for most dishes. But its a very testy and friendly place.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, clean

Cons: most dishes whit mock meat

The One Of Best Among I Visited Till Today - Edit

This is a very small restaurant...but its one of the best vegetarian restaurant I have visited till today...nicely priced and the way owner leady help me to order its great...will surely visit again and again...when I am in HK.... :)

Pros: Price, Quantity, Friendly Staff

Cons: Small Place

OK, nothing to write home about - Edit

Here they serve mainly traditional Cantonese/Chinese dishes. Same thing as its like, lots of mock meat, deep fry stuff, could also use less salt and oil. The place is very clean though, and service very friendly. OK for a simple meal. I thought it was a little pricey, maybe because of the location.

Pros: big menu, cleanliness, service

Cons: bit pricey

Satisfied - a friendly place - - Edit

I got an "attack of the munchies" last night whilst out with 2 friends in Causeway Bay & decided to give this little place a try.

It was "packed".

Fortunately some local folks beckoned to us to share their table & the 3 of us enjoyed crunchy water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, various mushrooms, steamed broccoli plus a few more veggies with white rice.

The veggies were not overcooked!

Awesome chilli seasoning made with fermented tofu.

Jasmine tea of OK quality served "gratis".

It seems to be family run & the atmosphere is really nice.

For sure I will visit again.

Good food and friendly staff - Edit

We had some yummy bowls of congee here for brunch one morning. They have some really good specials every day on their board, but they were all in Chinese. They do have an English menu as well, though. They have many tofu dishes as well as mock meats, for those who don't like fake meats. We saw others having the Lohan noodles, and they looked great too. The staff were helpful and friendly.

Pros: Quick service, Big portions, In a central area

Cons: limited seating

Good food, good specials - Edit

We were fortunate enough to be staying only 2 streets away from this delightful cafe so we went there every night of our stay in Hong Kong. Good wholesome food, the dinner special is good value for money. A good selection of vegan dishes. We had an excellent red organic wine with our dinner one evening and the waitress was charming.

Pros: Good location near Times Square, Great food, Good music

Cons: Quite small

Clean/tidy place - good to visit if you are nearby - Edit

In a maze of backstreets - a little tricky to find for the first time unless you are carrying a streetmap. By MTR leave Causeway Bay Station by Exit F - walk to your left - then turn right into Jardines Bazaar - walk to the end - cross Penington St & you are in Irving St - located on the right hand side - directly opposite the back entrance of Regal Hong Kong Hotel. Tiny family run cafe - menu in English - some English spoken - just a few dishes with eggs / most are vegan. I had a noodle / water chestnut / vegetables combination - it was cooked just right - crispy chestnuts - not too salty. Selection of dim-sum. Main business is take-away. This is the busiest commercial area on Hong Kong Island with countless higher-end apartments - people phone in orders & pick up their food after 15 / 20 minutes. Connected somehow to an online health food business but the website is only in Chinese. I enjoyed my visit / chat with the owner.

Pros: Low-cost veggy food in, expensive part of Hong, Kong Island

Cons: Tiny with very few, seats.

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harmony Village Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.