Contact 971-255-0138

3632 SE Hawthorne Blvd, Portland, Oregon, USA, 97214

Sister restaurant to Portland's Prasad, opened summer 2013. Offers an organic, gluten-free food menu, extensive juice and smoothies list, house cocktails, beer and wine. Somewhat fancy by local standards. Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-3:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Fusion

First Review by mblack

cute vegan friendly cafe - Edit

This place was basically all vegan except for having the option of adding eggs to the breakfast dishes. Everything is gluten free. You walk in and order and then pick your table. I ordered a garlic and herb polenta with seasoned jackfruit and a red velvet cocoa. They were both great and not too heavy. Definitely recommend for vegans and non vegans as well. Great brunch spot.

good quality, small quantity - Edit

My wife and I paid ~12/each for our meals and they tasted amazing. I got the Mac and cheese (vegan) and she got the bbq tempeh platter. The food was excellent tasting/quality, but for $12, we both were expecting like 50% more, especially when Sweet Hereafter is practically down the street

Great breakfast! - Edit

My wife and I stopped in here on a day that our usual breakfast place was closed, and we're glad we did! We had the Outlaw Scramble and the Farmer's Vegetable Scramble, both were very good, and a lot of food.

Pros: Atmosphere

delicious! - Edit

Fresh and tasty, light options for a hot day and nice beer selection too. The tostadas were great, and the endless summer too. The atmosphere was light and comfortable, very pleasant. It seems like everything is vegan, with options to add-on eggs or dairy (breakfast may be different)

Loved it! - Edit

My husband and I stopped here while we were visiting Portland. We had never heard of it, but we stumbled across it and were excited to see that the menu posted in the window was all vegetarian. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere was lovely and relaxed. The food came out quickly and it was delicious. I can't wait to go there again on my next trip to Portland!

Pros: Breakfast, Menu has variety

Cons: A tad expensive (but it was worth it)

Nom! - Edit

Harlow was a little busy my first time in but everyone was very smiley and nice. I love the interior... my food was absolutely amazing, worth the wait. I had the vegan huveos rancheros, perfect amount of spice and fulfilled all my cravings. Very plentiful serving as well. Coffee also brewed to perfection.

Will return next time I am in portland.

Pros: presentation , service, good value

Cons: busy, long wait

Harlow Makes Us Happy - Edit

Portland is famous for vegan options, but doesn't have a huge selection of raw ones. OK, to be fair where does? Harlow answers the call for raw vegan options in a big way.

The space feels warm, comfortable, and spacious, thanks to its Prasad owners. Imagine a yoga studio with ten tables randomly placed in the room. Soft music (not the standard PDX punk soundtrack) compliments the mood. Staff are friendly and attentive - no cooler than thou hipsters.

There are plenty of raw and vegan options to choose from. Our party ordered a wide selection and found everything to be tasty. It likely helps that things are prepared fresh - no freezer to microwave stuff here. The only disappointment was that the delicious-sounding daily soup had been so popular it had sold out. We were the first to try the new alternative, but happily found it to be pretty darn good too.

Harlow is a new favorite of ours. Give them a try - definitely worth a visit!

Finding a parking space on busy Hawthorne is always hit or miss, but no problemo - there were plenty of spots around the corner on side streets.

Pros: delicious, ambiance, raw

It's about time! - Edit

I have a business right down the street and I was thrilled when I happened to be walking by and decided to check out the menu in the window. I am gluten free and vegan-ish, so whenever a new place opens I'm usually not given reason to be thrilled. Not only did Harlow give me a reason to be thrilled, but the food here is TASTY and plentiful! A bowl of beans and kale never sounds that good on a menu, but these folks know how to jazz it up with yummy sauces, spices and just the right garnishes. I've eaten here about 8 times since I discovered it about a month ago. Their juices are delicious. They offer great looking desserts and specially made Kombucha. The portions are large. I would like it better if they were a little smaller and charged a dollar less. My only complaint is that they charge $1.50 per coffee refill since they have to make it to order. They could solve this by offering French press as an option and having standard brew on hand as well for those of us who like more than one cup of coffee. Highly recommended!

Pros: Great food!, Tasty juices!, Helpful staff!

Cons: No coffee refills., A bit pricey., Portions a bit too large!

Return to Portland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harlow closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4648 times since Jul 2013.