Haretoke

045-8775515

Tōgokuya bldg. 2F, 2-62-5 Ishikawachō, Naka ward, Yokohama, Japan, 231-0868

Serves meat, vegan options available. Natural and organic food bar adjacent to Ishikawacho station of JR Negishi line, at 神奈川県横浜市中区石川町2-62-5 東国屋ビル2階. Features a range of process-conscious wine & sake with vegetable snacks by macrobiotic-certified owner/chef. Among regular menu are pasta, natural-yeast bread, deep-fried soy chiken, assorted vegetable snacks, dessert cakes. All vegan except for 3 items (with meat). Has Wi-Fi, outlets at some seats, English-menu. Limited English spoken. Last order 11pm. Note: kitchen may stop serving 30-60 minutes prior to closing, check ahead. Open Tue-Sun 5:00pm-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by kgrizzle

Nice drinks selection - Edit

I've visited this place twice. It's located steps away from JR Ishikawacho station and is very convenient. I love the rotating craft beer selection as I got to try an interesting variety of pomegranate beer. I find some dishes better than others- I generally like their tofu and pasta but I found one salad dressing oily and flavorless and one raw cake overly frozen, turning to mushy when it defrosted. Still, I'll likely go back as it's very conveniently located when coming by train.

Although I speak Japanese I didn't find that the staff was very talkative/friendly. I guess it could be a plus if you just want some peace and quiet.

They also serve bread from Ecomo Bakery, another nice shop in the area.

Pros: Great local beer selection, Healthy food prepared by hand, Most of the dishes are vegetarian

Cons: Some dishes can be hit or miss

Romantic getaway for a G an' his hunny - Edit

A ton of good wine, my lady was fine. Would hit this joint up again fa sho!

On the real doe, nice place for a date. Good drinks, good food, easy vegan/vegetarian menu. Was LIT

Pros: English veg menu, lot of vegan options (cake 2)

Cons: small portions, hard to find (thanks fams for the good directions)

Lots of vegan options, tasty local veggies and drinks - Edit

How to find: exit Ishikawacho station via the Motomachi exit. As you leave, you'll see the restaurant in the left (white sign with an abstract face, no English lettering, see pic). It's on the second floor. It's right next to the famous Yokohama Chinatown if you're in the area for sightseeing.

I really enjoyed this restaurant (once I found it). The interior was cozy and posh. The menu seemed eclectic, with lots of different things I wanted to try. There is some meat on the menu but it's dominated by veg options. I did not ask about preparation method.

I started with the veggie plate (top billing) which was simple but delicious. I also had the tiger nuts which were good, but kind of a small serving. Lastly they recommended the soy meat, which was fried fresh to order. Definitely not healthy with a thick flour breading but crispy and delicious. Great local beer and wine.

This was more of a hipster type place for Japan and the price reflected that. I thought the quality of the veggies and flavors made up for the cost and I would definitely visit again if I was in Yokohama.

Pros: Interesting options, REALLY fresh and tasty veggies

Cons: Expensive, Serves some meat dishes - not sure about prep prac

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Haretoke closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.