Haretoke

045-8775515

Tōgokuya bldg. 2F, 2-62-5 Ishikawachō, Naka ward, Yokohama, Japan, 231-0868

Serves meat, vegan options available. Natural and organic food bar adjacent to Ishikawacho station of JR Negishi line, at 神奈川県横浜市中区石川町2-62-5 東国屋ビル2階. Features a range of process-conscious wine & sake with vegetable snacks by macrobiotic-certified owner/chef. Among regular menu are pasta, natural-yeast bread, deep-fried soy chiken, assorted vegetable snacks, dessert cakes. All vegan except for 3 items (with meat). Has Wi-Fi, outlets at some seats, English-menu. Limited English spoken. Last order 11pm. Open Tue-Sun 5:00pm-11:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Macrobiotic, Organic, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by kgrizzle

Lots of vegan options, tasty local veggies and drinks - Edit

How to find: exit Ishikawacho station via the Motomachi exit. As you leave, you'll see the restaurant in the left (white sign with an abstract face, no English lettering, see pic). It's on the second floor. It's right next to the famous Yokohama Chinatown if you're in the area for sightseeing.

I really enjoyed this restaurant (once I found it). The interior was cozy and posh. The menu seemed eclectic, with lots of different things I wanted to try. There is some meat on the menu but it's dominated by veg options. I did not ask about preparation method.

I started with the veggie plate (top billing) which was simple but delicious. I also had the tiger nuts which were good, but kind of a small serving. Lastly they recommended the soy meat, which was fried fresh to order. Definitely not healthy with a thick flour breading but crispy and delicious. Great local beer and wine.

This was more of a hipster type place for Japan and the price reflected that. I thought the quality of the veggies and flavors made up for the cost and I would definitely visit again if I was in Yokohama.

Pros: Interesting options, REALLY fresh and tasty veggies

Cons: Expensive, Serves some meat dishes - not sure about prep prac

Return to Yokohama Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Haretoke closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.