First Review by steve1999

New owners, still OK for vegans - Edit

I believe the previous reviews refer to the restaurant run by the previous owners. Now it's run by a Scots/Spanish couple and the food is mainly Spanish. They had 2 vegetarian starters and one vegetarian main dish on the menu and all of those either were or could be made vegan (they understand vegan). The food was excellent. The drawback: The smell of seafood is quite strong in this place.

Pros: excellent food, very friendly, understand vegan

Cons: very limited vegan options, strong seafood smell

Fantastic food and friendly people - Edit

Martin and Linda aren't vegetarian themselves (I don't think), but they have family who are vegetarian and vegan and specialise in vegetarian food.

When we went there were two vegan plus one other vegetarian starters on offer, two vegetarian main courses, and another vegan (although I was told they would make something different for me if I didn't like mushrooms), and all the puddings were vegetarian, with a choice of two vegan ones. Soya milk and soya yoghurt were available. Vegan and vegetarian wines are listed. Martin was very friendly helpful, giving us useful advice about shops etc. in the area. It's also handily located across the road from the Coop, so if you're holidaying on Skye and self-catering, you can stock up on your veggie and vegan supplies there! I'd highly recommend this place if you're in the area - it would get full marks if it was fully vegetarian.

Pros: Delicious food, Good range, Massive portions!

Rare Find - Edit

The restaurant is only open Wednesdays - Saturday 6pm - 9pm and you really need to book. The menu is a fixed price for three courses We ate their two and the menu contained two veggie starters and two main courses. All sweets were marked veggie. Service and food were excellent on both occasions

Return to Isle Of Skye Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Harbour Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1399 times since Aug 2007.