Happy Veggies - Mong Kok

Contact +852-25688181

7/F, 726 Nathan Rd, Mong Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

樂農, at 旺角彌敦道726號7樓, is a non-profit social enterprise vegetarian restaurant to employ and skill hearing impaired staff. Has English menu, Wi-Fi, manager speaks English. Nearest MTR Mong Kok exit B1 or Mong Kok East exit C. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-2:30pm, Mon-Sat 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

quite good choice for mk - Edit

Fortunately not too busy, but it was late when I got there and had to rush. Menu is in English and you need to gesture a lot to place ur order, but friendly staff. Obligatory tea or water added to order. Nice tea. Laksa soup with dumplings was tasty. Best place I've managed to eat in Mong Kok.

Great Place - Edit

I love going here with friends because it's moderately priced, the food is good and not too "crazy" for carnivores, and the hearing-impaired aspect makes it a memorable dining experience.

The menu is both in Chinese and English. The is a staff member who speaks English and sometimes comes over to take my order, but it's not really necessary since you mainly just point at what you want to the hearing impaired staff.

I love the fried mushrooms, taro, and the veggie BBQ dish. The last time I went, I ordered too much food and wanted to get it wrapped up to take home, but understandably the staff didn't know what I meant, and I watched them throw it away!

They're closed on Sundays. Definitely worth a visit if you're in Mongkok!

Pros: Delicious food, Good cause, Nice variety of options

happy veggies - mong kok - Edit

compared to wanchai, this branch is small, noisy and cramped. it's on the 7th floor of a building full of restaurants. claustrophobia begins once you step out of the lift and edge through the narrow path towards the main restaurant area. chairs are back to back with those of the next table, and someone seated on the outside would have to stand up whenever the person inside needs to use the toilet.

i didn't pay attention to the menu, as my aunt did the ordering - and went overboard on fried food. some dishes stood out more than others: the fried skinny mushrooms and some kind of wrap with sauce were nice, while the fried tofu balls were bland and fried beancurd wrap unmemorable. servings were generous and four of us were slowing down towards the end of our six-dish dinner. i was pleasantly surprised that my omnivorous male cousin seemed highly satisfied with this meatless meal.

staff were friendly and smily, helping us to take photos despite being busy.

judging by the crowd on a wednesday night, reservations are recommended.

Pros: warm, friendly staff, generous portions, social enterprise

Cons: cramped, noisy

bland experience - Edit

I had a very bland experience, the dumplings didnt taste that much at all and was too hot. Was a very noisey place as well. Too bad, I had very high expectation considering the other review, maybe I should've tried something else.

Excellent - Edit

Dishes are sophisticated and of high quality. Comparable to much higher-priced establishments. The brightly-lit cafe-like atmosphere belies the level of the cuisine.

Wait staff are variously speaking/hearing impaired to a little extra effort to communicate. Service was warm and attentive.

The menu photos understate the portion size. I ordered three dishes, each which would have been enough for a meal. With rice and tea, under HKD 250.

It's on the harbor side of Nathan Road, just left of Mong Kok Road (facing the harbor).

Happy Veggies - Mong Kok, Hong Kong - Edit

This is unsurprisingly run by the same people who run Happy Veggies in Wan Chai. This is a social enterprise intended to give work skills with hearing impairment. Great food and for a great cause.

I had lunch here today. A very simple consome type soup and 3 dishes along with unlimited rice. Great value at 45 dollars.

Good service, ambience, setting etc.

Pros: Vegan friendly, A worthwhile cause

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Happy Veggies - Mong Kok closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2090 times.