Happy Vegetarian

Contact +49-4054805572

Wiebischenkamp 40, Hamburg, Germany, 22523

Re-opened July 2015. Asian vegetarian restaurant offering a daily lunch buffet with some faux meat dishes. Evening hours are uncertain. Previously at Loewenstrasse 12. Mon-Sun 11:30am-2:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Asian, Indonesian

First Review by Take It Back

great asian food - Edit

I really like the all-you-can eat buffet at this place. It's cheap, tasty, almost all is vegan and the staff is super friendly.

Sometimes it is too much soysauce for me.

Pros: great food, price, staff

Cons: soysauce

Really worth the trip - Edit

I went here with a non veg friend. We had the lunch buffet and it was fantastic. I heard they are moving to a different location. Will definitely visit them again when I am in town.

Pros: excellent food, good value

Cons: location

Magic place - Edit

This place is probably one of the best vegetarian restauraunt i have ever been in my whole life.
Incredible! We got there at lunch time and they had an amazing buffet with everything u can eat for 6 euro! It was delicious food, they use seitan, tofu, tampere! We could not stop eating. The waitress was very nice and she kept telling us small secret about preparing vegetarian asian food.
Unfortunately, the restaurant is not in city center, so it was very empty as we have been there. I felt unfair for these nice people who keeps it. It is ver delicious food, very friendly service, nice atmosphere and crazy cheap!
I totaly advice everyone to visit it. Believe me, 10 minutes that u are gonna spend in a metro, will be worth it the experience u are gonna have in this place.

Pros: taste, price, service

Friendly staff - Edit

I was there with my sister and our friends twice. It is a good vegetarian restaurant with plenty vegan options. It is a cozy restaurant, but not deluxe.We tried different foods e.g. number 44 was delicious. But my sister and I did not like number 35 Kentucky curry.
If you go there before 17:00 you can eat all you can eat with a good price.

Pros: Plenty vegan option, Ecxellent food

Cons: Staff can not speak or understand Englis

Pretty good place! - Edit

Ideal if you want good food for a decent price. It was located strangely in a wealthy residential neighborhood. I hope people are willing to travel a bit to reach it.

I wouldn;t recommend ordering the tea though. It came as a cheap tea bag.

Pros: cheap, gluten free options

Cons: strange location, tea was from a cheap bag

Not bad - Edit

We went here for dinner. It wasn't crowded at all and we were there at 9:00 at night. We had the vegan duck with with broccoli and a chicken dish that I can't remember the name of. The food was decent and it filled our stomachs. The server didn't speak english very well so it was hard to communicate with her.

Very Happy Vegetarian & vegan - Edit

Perfect establishment serving a strong range of Indonesian and Chinese dishes in wonderful leafy surroundings of Eppendorf. Outdoor seating is fabulous on a hot Spring day. The day time buffet is only 6.90 EUR including dessert. The vegan choice is super: two choices of soup followed by as much as you could eat of dishes including sweet & sour tempeh, mock chicken satay, grilled vegetables and noodles, aubergine and mock fish curry amongst others. There was also a large salad choice and light desserts. Drinks are a touch pricey at 4.90 EUR for a 70cl bottle of mineral water but it was essential on such a hot day. There was a fair trade for a Tuesday afternoon, I hope this place is here for a long time to come.

Pros: food, staff, setting

Cons: pricey drinks

Great Asian food & tons of fake meat - Edit

Too bad this restaurant is in Eppendorf, a pretty posh part of town, because this place which is always empty would be crowded in other parts of town. Anyways, check out this place before it might be gone someday. Great Asian food, tons of fake meat, cheap prices, great service. One of the best veggie places in Hamburg. All-you-can eat buffet at lunch time.

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Happy Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2296 times since May 2010.