Happy Girl Kitchen

831-373-4475

173 Central Ave, Pacific Grove, California, USA, 93950

Cafe, shop, and kitchen teaching classes. Specializes in fermentation and fruit jams. Sources local and organic ingredients. Open Mon-Sat 7:30am-3:00pm, Sun 7:30am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American

First Review by SarahLovesPigs

Fabulous! - Edit

Delicious daily soup, bowl and sandwich specials. Avocado tartine, which I call avocado toast, available every day and is a big favorite served on their own bread. You can order a half of everything such as half soup, half salad and half bowl for great variety. Attractive presentation and you can watch preparation. All organic, lots of vegan. Baked goods are killer like Chocolate Bliss Ball, gluten free seed bread, thumbprint cookie with their own house jam. House prepared jams, pickled vegetables, horseradish can be purchased in cafe. Super clean, super service and super food. I eat there several times a week. Interesting, thoughtful food can be enjoyed inside or at dog friendly outside tables.

Hot breakfast cereal daily. My favorite is polenta cream with optional fresh fruit or nuts. Good coffee and lovely array of teas.

Sometimes I just get lunch to go and eat at the ocean two blocks away! Cannot recommend this cheerful, healthful eatery enough. Nothing else like it around. You won't be disappointed.

Great place to pick up gifts of locally sourced jams, honey and pickled products. They even offer classes on how to prepare!

I call every day to hear recorded message of daily specials so I can anticipate what I might order. Obviously, I am in love with this place...

Cons: none

Decent vegetarian food near the aquarium - Edit

I had the soup of the day (sun-dried tomato), the main of the day (tabouleh with feta cheese) and fresh fruit.

The soup was very good. The tabouleh was OK. The fruit were a small cup of strawberries and melon.

Overall, I felt that the portions were rather small and the food was not that exciting.

What this place has going for it are the location (just a couple of blocks from the aquarium, so perfect if you need food before/after your aquarium visit) and the interesting mix of a cafe and a shop.

Pros: close to the aquarium

Cons: small portions

Nice Jams and Pickles - Edit

They have a limited menu, but what they offer is quite tasty. I had a potato and veggie bowl which was nice.

On the recommendation above, my SO had the pb&j, and it was really good. The bread they use is nice and the fresh almond butter and jam made it a real treat.

It would be nicer if they had a few more vegan options, but the staff was really nice and seemed to know which dishes might have dairy.

Great Jams! - Edit

Being a vegan, I decided to have their Peanut Butter & Jelly.
It was A M A Z I N G.
Although I wish they had more vegan dishes, I was happy with their PB& J.

Pros: Hippy-dippy feel XD, Self-made jams & jellys!

Return to Pacific Grove Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Happy Girl Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.