First Review by AndyT

GREAT - Edit

My partner and I went here. The lady was nice and friendly and so helpful. She makes different dishes everyday. It was really hard to find. It's inside the wisma MPL building.

Friendly service, good food - Edit

This place was hard to find but well worth it. Simple menu, tasty food and friendly service. They do takeaway too. I will be back.

Inexpensive vegan-friendly mixed rice shop - Edit

When I first tried to find The Happy Chef, I had to search for some time inside Wisma MPL until I finally could identify unit #19, as there are not many unit numbers displayed.

However, once you know where it is, it's fairly easy to get there: enter Wisma MPL, go straight to the back, and you will find it in the middle of the building at a small central area where the stairs are coming down and going up.

The restaurant is small and was quite packed ... patrons sit down at any of the tables where there is some space available. You request your plate directly in the kitchen and get advised as to the day's special (mixed rice or noodles are the norm).

They know about veganism, seem to know which of their dishes do contain eggs and dairy and are able to come up with a nice mix of inexpensive, nourishing and well-tasting food. I had a plate of Nasi Lemak (coconut milk rice) with potato curry and radish soup, which cost in total 5 Malaysian Ringgit (about 1.5 EUR) Especially the sauce was very nice, not the typical spicy chili, but a slightly sour sauce (likely plum sauce).

Pros: Cheap, Vegan options, Nice food

Cons: Can be quite packed

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Happy Chef 's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.