Happiness Cafe

408-573-8699

1688 Hostetter Rd Ste C, San Jose, California, USA, 95131

Vegan Chinese bubble tea shop next to Ranch 99 Supermarket. Offers a large variety of beverages including smoothies and juices; plus has shaved ice and vegan ice cream. In fall 2012 started to offer hot food entrees like chow mein. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by CPereida!

EVERYTHING is delicious! - Edit

Husband and I have gone to Happiness Cafe multiple times! It's one of our favorite places! All of the dishes we have tried are delicious! The Thai iced tea, smoothies coffee are all delicious! When we have a sweet tooth our favorite thing is the waffle that comes with two scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, fresh fruit, chocolate drizzle and maple syrup! The owners and all of the staff are super friendly! Absolutely love this cafe!

Pros: Everything is vegan!

I FEEL LOVED HERE - Edit

Happiness Cafe is utterly awesome and a true delight. I was first introduced 2 months ago when I first became vegan is here is some honest, real truth; THEY HAVE THE BEST THAI TEA AND RICE! Not to mention, they have a darling restaurant with fantastic food. Oh my good god, it's so good!! They've got some tasty avocado rolls and even ice cream (all vegan)!

I absolutely love this place, they have a special place in my heart and I could not possibly be more grateful to have found them! The people whom work here are lovely and I love them too! So if you're wondering where to go for some lunch or dinner, THIS IS THE PLACE!!

Vegan Ice Cream Shop!!! - Edit

This place is a vegan ice cream shop and bubble tea place that has added some delicious food to their menu, making it a cafe. It also serves Taiwanese shaved ice desserts, but I was so taken by the vegan ice cream, that I never tried those.

As a vegan ice cream afficionado, I can say that this ice cream was some of the richest I have tasted, and it is excellent. I also had the jasmine bubble tea, which was also very good.

The owners are lovely devoted vegans and very sweet. When I moved away from the Bay Area, we had a big dinner with my friends at the Milpitas Loving Hut, then moved down to Happiness Cafe for dessert and they were very gracious with our rowdy behavior.

Give this place a try!!!!

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-16

Pros: Vegan Ice Cream that tastes delicious , Bubble Tea is awesome, esp jasmine green tea , Very sweet vegan owners

delightful and delicious place to cool down - Edit

I didn't realize my family was taking me to a vegan place, they were simply going to their favorite place to get taiwanese shaved ice, a cafe that also has one of their favorite veggie wraps that they'll sometimes grab and go. Finding that the place also happened to be vegan was bonus!
I love it when non-vegans enjoy a place such that the vegan label is irrelevant and even forgotten :)

So my family orders a round of various mountains of shaved ice (it was near 90 degrees outside) and I jumped to the ice cream section and had a hard time deciding which decadent flavor I wanted...I eventually decide upon the caramel fudge. I learn all of the ice cream is soy based and certified vegan. The condensed milk drizzled on the desserts is home made at the location and it's absolutely delicious.

The owner and I get into a chat about HappyCow and find that they're big fans, and use the app when traveling. They wanted to say hello to anyone out there using HappyCow and to drop by for one of their snacks (like vegan BLT or the popular avocado wrap) or to cool off with the iced sweets.

I'll be there again next time I'm in the area. In the meantime, my relatives will be there as usual dropping by frequently to their favorite just-so-happens-to-be-vegan eatery :)

Pros: super friendly and wonderful staff, delicious!, lots to choose from

Cons: need a location close to me :)

Amazing Thai Tea! - Edit

These guys know me here already!
I honestly think that their Thai tea is better than any non-vegan counterpart. Its hands down amazing, delicious, magical.

Everything is vegan: pearl drinks and food too along with some pre-packaged snacks and treats that my dog happens to LOVE (no my doggie is not vegan... yet).

Definitely check it out. If you don't believe me when I say that they're AWESOME, just check out their yelp page.

Pros: delicious, Staff is rediciously nice (owners too), Pearls are included in price

Cons: Small; good for to go only, cash only

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Happiness Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.