First Review by Desi.ratay

Best Burgers in Town - Edit

Great homemade burgers. I've been there several times and I was always satisfied. They have different combinations with different sauces and the menu changes regularly.

Pros: Friendly staff, Open kitchen, Great food

Cons: Busy at times, No reservations

The best burgers - Edit

They really are the best burgers. I've been there twice now and each time I did enjoy dinner a lot. Their sauces are just great. The burger bowl is very recommendable. And there are lots of wonderful cakes for dessert!

Pros: Great atmosphere, friendly staff, Foood!, Fooood!

Cons: Very busy at times

delicious burgers and friendly staff - Edit

A lovely neighbourhood restaurant which is very popular. Small menu of burgers and salads but everything we had was delicious and well presented. Very filling so we didn't have time for dessert sadly; the desserts looked delicious. Very friendly staff too.

Taste explosions on your taste buds - Edit

✴️ Hamburg ✴️ Happen Pappen
I don't often rant and rave about delicious food but this place brings out the best in vegan dishes. You can taste the love that goes into the food. The menu changes every day so it's always a nice surprise if you are keen on versatility. The location is cosy with two back rooms to accommodate guests. The only down side is, if you are late for lunch you will not find a place to sit. Unfortunately they do not take reservations so it's best to come once they open for lunch at 12:00. They server a huge selection of home cakes too - displayed nicely for you to see. It's not easy to leave space for cake as they serve good size lunch portions. I finished off with a superb Avocado cake.

Pros: Very friendly , Good size potions

Cons: No reservations

A perfect choice - Edit

This is a great spot - a good range of daily options. Carefully prepared foods. A good range of cakes and puddings. Lovely old building but also chic yet low key. Super friendly staff.

Pros: Great food , Lovely staff, Interesting neighbourhood

You have to come here! - Edit

I was in Hamburg only for two days and I went here twice and would have gone back if I would have stayed longer :) I can not think of anything bad to say about this place. I love the open kitchen, the staff is very friendly and the food is amazing! It really tastes home made and it feels comforting which is very nice when you have been traveling for a while.

Pros: Amazing food, Very friendly staff, Open kitchen

My favourite vegan place in Hamburg - Edit

I like absolutely everything about this place: the food (sandwiches, pancakes, burgers,..), the sweets (cakes, breads,..) and the lemonades in the summer, the people who work there and the atmosphere.

Pros: delicious food, cosy atmosphere, fiendly staff

nice break during bicycle tour - Edit

i visited this small vegan cafe during lunch break and it was the right stuff for me to refresh my fuel cells for the next half of my bicycle tour :-) I had a quiche with salad, homemade orange+tonka lemonade and finally two carrot cake slices for tea time later on. I was sitting outside and the site filled up during dinner time. The prices were moderate, for me it was about 14€. I think i will come back again this time with my better half ;-)

Pros: Selfmade lemonade, you can sit outside

One of the best places in town - Edit

Though it's not located in the city centre, this restaurant is always worth visiting. Focusses on healthy ingredients and is thus not exactly the cheapest place around, but, as you get what you pay for, this is rather a pro than a con. The menu mostly depends on the day of your visit: With quiches, soups and salads constantly on offer, the lunch changes daily. Also, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday are considered burger days. On weekends, breakfast and/or brunch is offered.
Important sidenote: At least 1 (one) dish is always gluten-free.

Pros: International cuisine, Healthy ingredients, Cosy atmosphere

Cons: Located outside the city centre

Brunch - Edit

HappenPappen offers sometimes brunch, e.g. at Pentecost 2015 (Sunday and Monday; 2 shifts: 10:30 - 12:00 & 12:30 - 14:00).

We ordered a table for four; neccessary as the location was sold-out.

We were surprised by the the wide variety of offers, e.g. soup, pancakes, rolls, marmelade, salats, vegan "scrambled eggs", cake,... Impossible to try everything. Coffee and orange juice included.

Good price, but much more important: Very delicious!!

Pros: Price, Offers, Taste

Alas ... a microwave! - Edit

Nice, comfy atmosphere, lovely staff, yummy and affordable food. The big downer,though, is that for some meals (e.g. quiche) they use a microwave oven! They are aware of the issue with microwaves but say they have no other option due to space limitations. We encouraged them to do some research into healthier ways to warm food. We'll be going back but will make sure to avoid anything from the microwave oven...
Updated from previous review on Friday August 15, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday August 15, 2014

Nice place for cake and coffee - Edit

This place is a bit hidden in a small street aside from the big shopping streets or areas with many restaurants around, so you may not come around by incidence and have to go there on purpose.
But it is definitely worth doing so, the atmosphere is very positive, the room in the back was completely empty, so I cannot say how it is to sit there. But I think the tables in the front besides the kitchen are the better choice. We had some nice cake, it was very good, the price reasonable and the choice was very huge. I also liked it that they had no fancy cakes with lots of cream but very simple cakes like carrot or chocolate cake. I will definitely come again although the way is quite long to get there. I also saw people coming in to buy food to take away, so that might also be an option.

Pros: nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, good choice of cakes

Cons: location

nice atmosphere - Edit

I had a burger for lunch with a delicious homemade bbq-dressing. The burger and toppings were delicious, but the bun should probably have been kneaded a bit more (it was quite hard to chew, but felt at the same time superhealty). This place is really nice, the staff superfriendly and the atmosphere very good! So I definalty recommend it!

Feel at home atmosphere combined with great food - Edit

Roman and his team are welcoming, talkative and really make you feel at home. Well that is basically the concept of this "living kitchen" which distinguishes it from most other restaurants.
I had a lentil soup thai style and cookie dough cake for dessert. Whenever you go there, you should ask for that cake!
What's more, they always give out things to try: I enjoyed a piece of homemade bread with cashew ricotta and a mango lassi.

Pros: the feel at home atmosphere, the food **cookie dough cake**, the fair prices

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has HappenPappen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6840 times since Aug 2013.