Hanz and Franz

Erfurter Strasse 23, Weimar, Germany, 99423

Serves meat, vegan options available. A beer garden with a separate and clearly labeled vegan selection. Also, chef can sometimes adapt additional recipes for vegans. Open Mon-Sat 6:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 11:30am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Beer/Wine, German, Beer Garden, Non-veg

First Review by kelly122581

surprise find! - Edit

I found Hanz und Franz accidentally while wandering around in the neighborhood. I did not expect to find a vegan friendly restaurant in the area!! :-)

They serve a few dedicated vegan items including a vegan desert (along with traditional German meat food for your non-veg friends). I did not particularly like the vegan desert (an orange/vanilla custard type dessert) - but I was still thrilled to be able to eat desert in a restaurant!

When my partner and I both ordered vegan dishes, the waitress asked us if we were vegan so that she could bring us a special vegan bread appetizer (delicious garlic bread!).

Prices were good, house wine was good, I will definitely go back!! (If they start offering more vegan main courses and more vegan desserts, I might stop cooking all together :-)
Updated from previous review on Monday December 30, 2013

Pros: clearly labeled vegan food, good prices, big servings, nice service

Cons: not enough vegan desert options

Return to Weimar Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hanz and Franz closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1200 times since Dec 2013.