Hans im Glück

362 Orchard Rd, Central Singapore, Singapore, 238887

Serves meat, vegan options available. German burger grill but has vegetarian and vegan burger options. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-1:00am, Sun 11:00am-12:00am.

Categories: Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, German, Non-veg

First Review by CherylQuincy

Tasty Vegan Burgers - Edit

My husband is not a vegan but really loved the spicy veggie burger. I had a milder veggie burger with the whole wheat bun and a side salad which was an excellent meal. My only complaint is not a great selection of wine

Pros: 4 different veggie burger options, 2 different options for buns , Attractive setting with birch trees

Cons: Limited wine options, loud construction right in front, fairly expensive

high quality gourmet burgers - Edit

Yes, this is a very very pricey place. But it is undeniable that their burgers are of pretty amazing quality, and the sourdough is surprisingly good! Not too sour or hard (which would have been a little strange for a burger), but the firmer texture along with a slightly bigger size meant that it is filling even for those with bigger appetites. I also love how there are allergen cards available for those who have multiple allergies, with clear indications of presence of dairy, eggs, onion, garlic, nuts, gluten etc. The dining environment is yet another highlight, with great friendly service, good view and a nice, and a windy outdoor environment to appease those like me who typically despise outdoor seats.

Pros: great environment, great service, decent burgers

Cons: pricey, no non-dairy options for coffee

good burger but pricey - Edit

There are 4 vegan burgers here but price is on the steep side although portion is quite big

Vegan burgers - Edit

I’ve been here twice in a month because i was just THAT impressed with the vegan burgers here!! I’ve tried the Juglans and Angerling burger and was blown away by it. Absolutely loved how good it tasted (doesn’t taste vegan, but in a good way), also their sweet potato fries were perfect too. Highly recommend for u to try the Angerling burger if you’re into mushrooms!!

Pros: Vegan mayonnaise provided at every table

CherylQuincy 07 Feb 2018 - You gave them a one star review.

Great variety, tasty mock meat - Edit

I’ve been a few times and enjoyed a few of the vegan burgers. KUTSCHER and FABELHAFTER are my favorites. Loved the vegan mayonnaise. Also all of the hamburger buns are vegan so that was helpful. The FABELHAFTER taste a lot like meat. I found myself checking to be sure. The mock tails are also tasty

Pros: very attentive staff

Amazing Vegan burgers! - Edit

They are not a fully veggie restaurant and do serve meat. Contain allium vegetables.

I had a meal with vegan friends at this restaurant near the Thai Embassy, and we ordered all 4 of the vegan burgers Hans Im Glück offers on the menu.

They’re not a fully veggie restaurants but the veggie selections offered on the menu are really really good!

The burgers we tried were:

Wheat Patty with Cranberries, Sprouts & Walnuts. The cranberries made the burger sweet and the walnuts adds crunchiness to it. Sort of like, having lingonberry sauce with meatballs kinda experience.

Spicy patty with grilled vegetable tartare & rocket leaves. The combination of vegetable tartare (mashed up veggies) and seasoning made it taste so much like pizzas - definitely my favourite burger from Hans

Wheat patty with mushrooms & 3-Pepper sauce. My second favourite burger - the combination of sautéed mushrooms, the wheat patty and cheesy 3-pepper sauce reminded me non-vege meaty mushroom burgers I had when I was omni. Sounds crazy, eh? The patties have the texture and taste of real beef, minus the bloody flavour of actual meat.

Wheat patty with avocado cream, orange-mustard sauce & herby garden salad - rank 3rd on my favourites from this restaurant. Soft avocado cream mixed in with veggies and orange-mustard sauce, that burst of flavours when you sink your teeth in on the very first bite.

I have friends who told me that the orange-mustard sauce has an acquired taste, like how some people enjoy marmite while some do not (not that I’m saying the sauce taste like marmite). The sauces are also provided on the table.

I am madly in love with the BBQ sauce!!

For the bun, you can choose between sourdough bun, multigrain bun or naked.

In my opinion, sourdough > multigrain bun. The sourdough bun isn’t tough or hard to chew like what I would expect of sourdough breads, the ones they used were soft and easy to slice through!

They’ll open two more restaurants in Raffles Place and Boat Quay

Pros: Juicy and yummy burgers, walking distance from the MRT

Cons: they don’t have non-dairy milks for coffees and te

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hans im Glück closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.