First Review by vegan_simon

Great for presents for others (and yourself!) - Edit

A lot of the products are made on the premises by the owner. She is very ethical and makes products she truly believes in, rather than many questionable businesses that are trying to surf the 'greenwash' wave. This is my favourite shop in Bris and I love to take visitors there who are looking for pressies for people back home. It is a beautiful shop to visit and the staff are well informed and friendly.

The other nice thing is that the products are really good value...less expensive than the chemical concoctions sold by The Body Shop (now owned by L'Oreal who have been rumoured to be one of the larger animal testers in the industry). I won't even start on the other potions and lotions in your average department store...

I get bulk stuff there to make my own things, as well as coconut oil for cooking, soap (by the kg then slice off as needed), lip balm, hair wax, moisturiser and rose hip oil, small jars etc

To me, this store deserves 6 cows!

(Note: There is beeswax in some products but most are vegan) You can also order over the internet and the postage looks reasonable.

Pros: quality&range, unique&local, value

Cons: parking-there is some space at the back, ...or you could ride/walk!

cruelty-free cosmetics and food - Edit

Corinne from Homemade Naturals sent me this email reply: "Thankyou for your enquiry. We do not sell meat products or cosmetics that contains animal derived ingredients or is tested on animals. Our Handmade Naturals cometic range is accredited with Choose Cruelty Free. NB; we do use some unbleached organic beeswax in some of our balms and we sell organic milk and other organic milk products in our grocery section (ie: cheese, cream etc)but no product containing any animal."

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Handmade Naturals closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1191 times since Jul 2009.