Handi

Antwerpsestraat 1, Bergen Op Zoom, Netherlands, 4611 AA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian cuisine with many vegetarian dishes. Ask which are or can be vegan (without dairy, paneer, ghee). Open Mon-Sun 5:00pm-11:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by SaskiaEnRichard

Not interesting for vegans - Edit

I took my mother out for dinner in this restaurant, as it was the only one listed to have vegan options... which is usually the case with Indian restaurants, as there's lots of vegetarian options and cream can usually be replaced with coconut cream. However, Handi was disappointing. My non-vegan mother had a fantastic (but unethical) dish, my veganized dish was very marginal. They didn't have anything creamy and vegan, so the sauce was just thin and water-based with a few herbs. Not a curry it all. It was just some dry rice and a bunch of vegetables with some spices and herbs on top of it... even if I cook something quickly for myself when I don't feel like cooking it's more exciting than what I got presented here.

In short, this restaurant isn't interesting for vegans at all. Vegetarians, maybe.

Pros: Fair-priced, Central location

Cons: Vegan options bad, Don't know how to cook vegan in a delicious way

best vegan meal in Bergen op zoom - Edit

Simply the best vegan dinner we've had in Bergen op Zoom. The people are really friendly. There are a lot of vegetarian options on the menu and when you explain you're vegan, they can make almost everything vegan by leaving out the ghee or yoghurt and adding some other thing like indian spices or lemon so that your rice and salad are still special :) They say on their website that they cook Ayurvedic, with fresh ingredients. When you leave out the dairy, Ayurvedic food is vegan, so we love it! We had a spicy vegetable curry, bombay potatoes, rice, salad and garlic coriander Naan bread. The food was great, really tasty, and we will definitely come back here!

Pros: friendly, good priced, very tasty dishes

Return to Bergen Op Zoom Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Handi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.