Hanada Rosso

• Vegan
Contact 03-64275525

6-28-5 Jingu Mae Suite 101, Shibuya Ku, Tokyo, Japan, 150-0001

Vegan restaurant at 東京都渋谷区神宮前6-28-5. Try the veggie burgers. Reported still operating Apr 2016. Last lunch order 3:30pm. Not always open on weekends - call ahead to confirm.

Category: Vegan, Japanese, Macrobiotic

First Review by loisg

Bad customer service - Edit

I went to Hanada Rosso with my boyfriend. He already ate, so I just wanted to have a burger. I was so hungry because I haven't found vegan food for me that day. We were the only customers at Hanada Rosso and I ordered one vegan burger but the waitress pointed on the menu and showed me: "One order per customer, no sharing!"
I told her I don't want to share, I will eat alone. Only one burger for me, no share! But she kept pointing on this sentence "No share!" Then my boyfriend went out and wanted to wait for me outside and I asked the waitress: "And now I can order?" And she said: "Yes!"
I was so hungry and the only customer and this restaurant is so disrespectful and refused me to order! Of course I went out totally mad without ordering, because they want me to sit alone to eat and my bf is standing outside??? I will never go to this restaurant again and can not recommend it when customer service is important for you.

Pros: Good location

Cons: Bad customer service, They wanted me to sit alone

healthy and yum - Edit

I went here for lunch and had the croquet set which was really great. I liked it because it was healthy served with fresh salad and brown rice. It was really tasty and I appreciated eating it. I had a cake but it was rather small (even for Japan slices) the flavors were really well thought out and was perfectly balanced.
I was a bit upset though because I was there with my boyfriend who had already eaten and was accompanying me while I had lunch. He wasn't able to stay because he didn't order a meal so I found that quite rude. The cafe was empty and we weren't sharing a meal. I felt like that experience was enough for me to not go back and find the next vegan option in that area.

Pros: healthy well balanced meal

Cons: service

First, but certainly not last visit - Edit

The Hanada Rosso restaurant has been in Tokyo for 7 years now. Yet, I never managed to eat there because of their "fickle" opening hours (closed on Monday, weekdays open from 11.30 - 16.00 and then from 17.30 to 21.00 weekends 12.00 - 21.00). Whenever I was there, the place was closed. But not today! So we dove in and ordered a big meal.

I had the much discussed hamburger and loved it. It is strong flavoured and satisfying like fast food, but of course much more healthy. I could taste the high quality ingredients, even when fried and stuffed with sauce. The lettuce actually had a very mild dressing, so one can actually taste the lettuce. Well done!

My friend ordered the "meal of the day" with high quality brown rice, fresh vegetables and gluten based soy meat. Since the portion was a bit on the small side, we also ordered the fried soy meat. All very satisfying! Do note that many items on the menu change by the season or even by the day. In other words: "your mileage may vary".

Yet, I do not agree with those who say this is the best vegan place in Tokyo or even the world. The quality is far above average and can best be compared to Chaya Macrobiotics (Hibya / Shiodome). Also, one clearly notices the food is prepared with care and passion for the job.

Finally, here's how to find Hanada Rosso:
- locate Tokyu Plaza and the Condomania in Harajuku (both famous and easy to spot places)
- Move away from Tokyu Plaza into the direction of Condomania and follow that street
- After 2 or 3 minutes you'll find a Dr. Martens shop
- Next is "Q Plaza" and "Hawaiian Cafe & Dinner" (second floor)
- Walk into the ally under Hawaiian Cafe & Dinner
- 10 seconds later you arrive.
- Sit down, order, enjoy!

Pros: strong taste, prepared with care and passion, high quality ingredients

Cons: complicated opening hours, not cheap (but worth it), menu changes a lot

原宿附近的素食 - Edit

這家店簡約精巧,有特色。食物相當好吃,服務也很棒。離鬧區不遠,很便利,值得試試。

Pros: 無蛋奶的餐點,供茹素者安心食用。

Cons: 餐點都是大餐,沒有小點心或小菜色

Satisfying hamburger! - Edit

I visited this place en route to seeing the Meiji Jingu shrine and it certianly kept me going for a busy day of sight seeing. The burger was tasty and I would definitely recommend this place!

Vegan in Harajuku - Edit

English menu available and several different lunch options.
Food was served relatively quickly and was very tasty.
The atmosphere is good!

Pros: super tasty, Relaxing atmosphere , healthy

Cons: A bit pricey

A bit too pricy for me - Edit

Yesterday I went to Hanada Rosso and ordered the hamburger and a 12 in 1 veggie juice (can't remember the exact name but it was something like that). I enjoyed the side dishes, and the hamburger was really good, but it was so small it seemed like another another side dish... The juice simply tasted like tomato juice and it was red so I'm wondering what the other 11 veggies were. I didn't get very full, just enough to not be hungry anymore, but if it wasn't for the price I would definitely have tried some dessert. I paid 2010yen which is expensive compared to other places I've been to. I might come back sometime only if I'm in the Harajuku area and don't have more options available.

Pros: The hamburger was very good. Enjoyed the side dish

Cons: Too pricy. Tiny hamburger.

Good little vegan spot - Edit

Good little vegan lunch spot in the harajuku area. The restaurant wasn't too hard to find; it's located in a mini plaza on a side street (take a right after the Dr Martens store) and there was a sign outside indicating the direction of the restaurant. There is English on the menu which is helpful, and while there were only about 4 meal options on the menu there was an abundant amount of items on the special menu. Ordered the veggie burger (which was delicious) and a slice of cake for dessert (also delicious), which was a very small portion but just the right amount for one person in my opinion. The space has a cafe like atmosphere and is quite small, but many spaces in Tokyo are quite small. The restaurant is also cash only!!!

Pros: Easy to find, Good portion

Cons: Small space, Slow service

Memorably delicious! - Edit

I tried the veggie burger as recommended, and I'm glad I did. It was so delicious, and so were the accompanying soup, salad, and potatoes. The menus had plenty of English and photos, which was helpful. Some things are pretty pricy, especially drinks, but it's worth it for the quality and not having to worry about what's vegan. The place had a nice atmosphere too, and a good playlist (Stevie Wonder et al.).

Other food details: Each person is required to order at least one dish, so my friend who had already eaten got the ham and potatoes and really enjoyed it. We thought the banana milkshake was a little too icy and would try a different beverage next time. And I wish we'd been able to try something from the dessert menu--everything sounded great!

Pros: English menu, cozy atmosphere, delicious food

Cons: Not cheap

One of the best restaurants in Harajuku. - Edit

There are not a whole lot of vegan restaurants in Harajuku area but this sure is one of my favorite places.

Its unfortunate that they closed down the burger joint but this place has one of the best burger and the hamburg.

If you have not tried it while you are in Tokyo, you must.

Absolutely amazing!

Pros: delciousness, moderately priced, dessert

Cons: lack of variety, some menu are bit overpriced

Great burger - Edit

Great burger especially after three days of deep fried soy and rice in Tokyo. We had a vegetable burger which comes with potatoes and few leafs of salad. It's very tasty. We got a tablet to chose our dish and it s all in english with description of every plate. Place closes at 20:30 and last orders are at 20:00 so dont be late. We ordered a cake after 20:00 and it was not possible any more. Place is more of a lunch or early dinner joint. It has a fast food restaurant atmosphere.

Pros: Tasty burger

Cons: Early closing time

Good choice - Edit

We arrived at 2.30pm and the staff ignored us for atleast 15 mins before we sat down on our own. The only item not sold out on the menu was the burger. Good thing the burger was delicious! Along with the soy banana shake which was also very tasty! Would come back here again for sure.

Pros: tasty food

Good food, not easy to find - Edit

Not a lot of choices but the choices are good, well seasoned, full of flavor. Love the produce, so vibrant, so full of color.

Love the soy ice cream but the cheesecake was too burnt for me.

Was a little hard to find, you need to go inside a side street. Once you get inside the side street, you'll see it immediately.

Pros: lots of choices, soy ice cream is good

Cons: a little hard to find, cheesecake was burnt

Good if you're in the neighbourhood - Edit

Although I would not go out of my way to come here, I eat here whenever I'm in harajuku/omotesando.. Yummy burgers, curries, and desserts, friendly staff, relatively easy to find. Downside is their menu is quite small.

Pros: Good location near Harajuku

Cons: Limited menu , a bit pricey

Burger and smoothie stop near Harajuku station... - Edit

I finally got to eat at this place after missing out the first time because the hours had changed. There is just a little bit of difficulty with the Maps directions, which leads you to a back street, so just continue along this street until you get to the end and turn right towards Meijidori, go past Dr Marten and you'll see a sign. The place feels a bit like a kitchen: white with Formica tables and red chairs and trim. After ordering a vegetable burger (vegie patty burger) and blueberry smoothie in my best Japanese (although I was given an English menu), I received a cup of simple vegetable soup. The meal soon arrived and I tried a chip from the burger plate: just a little bit 'home-made' tasting and slightly substandard unfortunately. The burger was fine, if nothing amazing. The smoothie was not what I expected - in a good way - a thick, dense blue-red liquid with no soy (or other) milk in it. It was absolutely delicious, more like a crush than a smoothie. There were some nice-looking desserts on offer but I was just too full on this occasion. Good to know this place is here, just a few minutes from Harajuku station.

Pros: Excellent blueberry smoothie

Cons: Chips not great

Fresh, Healthy & Comforting - Edit

The menu of savory items may be small, but you can't go wrong. We were presented with 3 options - their famous veggie burger platter, a curry, and the chef's daily special. We ordered the burger (like a delicious homemade meatball with red sauce atop a few spaghetti strands) and the chef's special (a spicy mixed veggie dish), both of which came with brown rice, a generous salad, and a tasty broth.

it all tasted healthy, fresh, and definitely homemade. The perfect fuel midway through and afternoon of shopping!

They also provided an English menu and the shop was pleasant & cozy.
Updated from previous review on Monday June 15, 2015

Pros: healthy, fresh

Cons: small menu of entrees, cash only

great little place to eat! - Edit

harajuku was my favourite place in tokyo and it was great to have hanada rosso to stop off in for lunch. very small restaurant but bright and airy and a pleasure to be in. very friendly staff who enjoyed practising their english with us. we ordered the hamburger steaks which were served with a tomato sauce on a bed of spaghetti. very delicious and the strawberry shakes were a+ the second time we dropped in we got the burgers which were a pure delight. every meal comes with a little cup full of hot miso soup.

well worth a visit and i wish i'd tried more of the menu! affordable prices too

Pros: great location, tasty food, friendly staff

Decent veggie burger if you're in the area - Edit

I always intended to visit the Nishi Ogikubo branch but never managed to find the time before it closed. When I found myself in Harajuku a couple of months ago I decided to finally go and try out the veggie burger as I am always on the hunt for the perfect one!

As other reviewers have mentioned, it is quite difficult to find and google maps may try and make you walk through buildings to get there! Once I was finally in and seated I ordered the veggie burger which arrived fairly quickly despite the restaurant being almost full. It was served with chips, a carrot side dish and some salad leaves. The burger patty itself was pretty small compared to the size of the bun and quite difficult to eat. They have little paper sleeves to put your burger in which I recommend using! It was a perfectly serviceable burger, tasty and the amount provided was perfect for lunch, albeit with a slightly elevated price-tag.

Other items on the weekend lunch menu were a vegetable curry, a fu katsu and a burger served with rice and salad. Weekday lunches seemed to be a bit more reasonable.

It was nice to finally tick it off my list but I don't think I would go out of my way to visit again as there are better burgers in town!

Pros: Healthy vegetarian food

Cons: Hard to find

Super delightful food, affordable, impeccable! - Edit

Very happy to enjoy this macro-biotic food. Short menu, only 2 dishes were available when we went - one 'burger' dish, which was more like a soymeat, small but perfectly formed and a tomato sauce thing, kind of resembled a Japanese lasagna thingy (we didn't question it, it smelt yummy!).
Drinks also very nice, try the blueberry smoothie drink! Desserts were also very welcome.
The waitress spoke pretty good english and like most Japanese, was very helpful and lovely.
I would recommend to go here. Located on the back small area behind row of building fronts, so look for a wide entrance as if you are walking into or around building and then you will see a row of white painted small units and Hannada Rosso is the first one there.
Perhaps call in advance if you are any more than 4 people as it is a small place. Seemed to go on serving lunch beyond 2pm though (from recollection). Walking distance from Harajuku station (10/15 min)

Pros: Light but substantial, Delicious, Macro-biotic

Cons: Mid-price/high? depending, Slightly harder to find

small portions and overpriced - Edit

Went there in December. Short walk from Shibuya.

We had a burger and also a soy fillet meal. Both portions were very small and soy fillet was a small single slither of a soy fillet. Nothing special about the flavour.

Had a juice each and it was nearly $50 for the two. Other much better vegetarian restaurants in Tokyo.

Cons: overpriced, small servings

Nice little place - Edit

Hanada Rosso is a nice little cafe and is a good spot for lunch. They have daily specials that usually include a main dish, salad, veggies, and rice.

When we were there they had 'lasagna' in a cabbage roll and deep-fried zucchini and seitan with 'tartar sauce.' They were both pretty good and I loved their take on them :)

All of the food is very healthy and even their desserts seem to be made with fruits like bananas rather than other more processed ingredients.

Only thing of note that it was hard to find if you're going off a map or app on your phone. Look at pictures of street to turn on for reference.

Pros: Healthy, Daily menu

Macrobiotic restaurant in Harajuku - Edit

This restaurant was very difficult to find. I went there with some omni-friends. They didn't seem to be thrilled about the prices nor the food. The portions were quite small compared to the price and the food lacked taste.
I ordered the burger that everybody raved about in the reviews, but I wasn't very impressed. I will definitely avoid macrobiotic restaurants in the future.
The restaurant itself was nice and clean. The staff was OK.
If you are in Harajuku or visiting Meiji Jingu and don't find another place to eat come here. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Pros: Nice place

Cons: Tasteless food

Good food at the hospital cafeteria.... - Edit

We had the burger and several of the other dishes. The food is good. My omni friends also liked it, and I don't think they were just being polite. The fake chicken nuggets were the best I've ever had. The burger was very good, too. I wouldn't say it tastes close to a burger using cow flesh - I have only experienced that with the Gardein product so far - but that's hardly a standard we must aim for. It was good, period. Seats were above average comfortable. Price was also fair. Portions were average by local standards which means that one dish will be enough for your average, figure-conscious J-girl but may leave a less concerned, above-average sized WHITE MAN like me calling for a second serving. We got there at 19:30 and the place was empty. We were the only customers. That's both a plus and a minus. It's a plus because it feels more spacious and the service focuses completely on us. Downside because the place isn't exactly humming with energy. Outright downsides: the lighting is a hospital-like fluorescent which matters during the evening hours. Not exactly cozy. The interior design would also be appropriate for a hospital cafeteria. The worst part was the "manual man" (what the Japanese call someone who follows the manual to the dot and will rather drop dead than deviate just one centimeter) who calls himself a waiter. He was the sort who starts panicking at 20:01 because we are still deliberating our final order. You see, "last order" was at 20:00, so he is already in violation of the rules.... Anyway, by and large it was a success. Would recommend until more and better options are available in the area.

Pros: Good food

Cons: So-so ambience

Good food! - Edit

One of our first vegan restaurants during our stay in Japan. We had the burger and curry menu. The dessert was yummy too. wasn't very easy to find though...it's located in a patio and our gps couldn't find it either... so we kept searching and found it by accident.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, english menu card

Cons: hard to find

Average only - Edit

I had a burger cuz I'm a lacto veg so cant eat mayo or bread that contains egg, so this place was a natural choice. But if you have tried the veg burgers in India- McDonalds or even Vegan Burg in Singapore, you will find the burgers here VERY average. they had lunch of the day and other food items which looked better though.

On the menu, they ask you to refer to the "black board" for the lunch of the day/dessert of the day... but everything is written in Japanese on the blackboard and the staff doesnt speak much English.

Cons: Poor English speaking staff, Portion size not too great

Didn't feel great afterwards - Edit

Ok so here's a slightly contrasting take to what are so far glowing reviews. We didn't love it.

The location is definitely convenient, but the ambiance is plastic and verging on clinical so not particularly comfortable or appetite inducing. Service was weird - they were clearly trying to please us but it was as if they didn't quite know how to. Well intentioned and doubtlessly lovely people, but they were clearly nervous and it was as if they had never served a customer in their lives before (can only imagine what it would be like if we didn't speak perfect Japanese!)

The menu is quite limited but sufficient at the same time. We went for lunch and tried the veggie burger and the curry, both of which tasted great. Our main problem came after we left - for us, the key reason to eat good food is because of the way it makes you feel. In this case, it didn't make us feel great. Our energy levels dropped significantly and we noticed a definite lack of concentration, focus, collectedness... all signs of a less than optimal meal.

We understand the ingredients are all or mostly organic. Apparently they are grown in Chiba, which is an area we try to avoid post the Fukushima incident.. can't say if this is the reason, or if it's because of the oil they use... or just the energy of the place, but it is a shame as it was otherwise quite decent. Might give it a go another time and see if it is any different.

Pros: organic ingredients, decent flavours, convenient location, well meaning staff

Cons: not great energy, cold, almost clinical vibe, strange vibe to service

Best vegan burger in Tokyo! Love this place - Edit

This was our fave place in Tokyo, out of a 2.5 week stay! we ate here 3 times. It's actually a great location in Harajuku/Omotesando and if you're stuck just look for the Audi building as it's just up the road from that on the opposite side towards the intersection. You'll see boards for it outside, next to a Hawaiian burger place. Each time we went the same girl served us who spoke great english, provided an english menu and was so super sweet and helpful. We ate burgers there the first time and it was the best burger I'd had in Tokyo, plus miso soup, chunky chips, salad and pickles, and a yummy bun. this comes with a choice of drink as a set and was delicious. Other dishes we tried were equally yummy with good portions, prices and served with a smile. Highly recommended

Pros: Delicious, Value, Friendly

Delicious food, good location. - Edit

Very conviniently located and easy to find. The atmosphere is quiet, the decoration simple and comfortable and the food delicious. The staff speaks little English, but they do have an English menu available. The dessert was very nice too. Overall, a little pricy but worth it.

Pros: Food is delicious, Nice desserts, Relaxing atmosphere

Cons: Price

Fantastic food! - Edit

This restaurant took us quite a while to find - we had to ask a girl at the 7-11 store and eventually with her help found it off the main street down an alley.

It is a pretty small restaurant with only a few tables inside and a couple outside.

I ordered the strawberry shake - it was AMAZING! Then came the food.. the veggie burger was one of the best I've had! Not dry at all, with fantastic flavour! My friend ordered the green thai curry - and I have to say it didn't look like anything out of the ordinary, but when I tasted it.. it BLEW ME AWAY! It was the best tasting curry I have had in quite some time!! My boyfriend had the burger plate set and it was also pretty good.

We ordered dessert and it was good too.

Even though it was difficult to find, well worth it for the food!! :)

Pros: Food - Curry & Veg Burger!!

Cons: Difficult to find

Yummy! - Edit

I spent a day in Harajuku with my toddler, and we ate here for lunch. Living in Japan I finding difficult for us to eat completely vegan when we go out to eat as everything pretty much is made with some sort of fish or beef product, so when I found this restaurant I was thrilled! We cleaned our (shared) plate. It was delicious- my little man thought so too. Because tipping isn't necessary in Japan the price for the meal, in my opinion, was decent. Dessert was a bit pricey though. They charge extra for soy milk ice cream, and it was a pretty small serving. But after not being able to find ice cream to eat, the I was more than willing to splurge. We will definitely go back.

Pros: Delicious food

Cons: A bit pricey, A bit tricky to find.

Great food, a bit expensive - Edit

We found this place by accident and really enjoyed our lunch. The staff were very friendly and brought out a menu in English for us. It was very quiet when we were there and felt a bit strange talking in such a quiet, empty space.
The food was delicious but a bit expensive.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit expensive

Expensive - Edit

The place is nice, but it's way too expensive. Paying 1500yen for a burger (+ a very small salad) or a curry is too much, even in Japan. Drinks and deserts are also expensive. I think coffee starts at 500yen, desserts start at 700yen.
I have nothing against this place, but I doubt I will ever go there again.

Pros: Nice place

Cons: Expensive

Very nice! - Edit

Really nice food! It's a bit expensive, but it's worth it. The staff in the evening was very friendly and tried her best. All desserts are tiny and a bit expensive (650 Y) but really tasty. Don't miss this lovely cafe!!

Pros: Delicious

Cons: expensive

Worth the trip! - Edit

I liked this place a lot. There is an English menu, and everything I ate was very tasty. A little pricier, but hardly what I would call expensive. The veggie burger is, indeed, very good, and I had a yummy smoothie on a hot day as well. Very bright atmosphere and friendly staff.

Finally, it is not really on a "side street", though it is hard to find. The access point is on the main shopping street. Walking down Meiji Dori away from Meijijingumae Station, stay on the right side of the street and look carefully for signs amongst the various shopping mall signs. It is essentially on the ground floor of one of these malls, tucked away towards the back. It is just past the Hot Dog restaurant.

Nice, but pricey lunches - Edit

The takeaway veggie burger lunch was 800JPY. You got the patty, brown rice, udon noodles and two salads: seaweed and green salad. Could have done with larger portions though, for the money.

The place is slightly hard to find, in a small side street. It closes early, so the best bet is to get a takeaway lunch then eat it outside somewhere in Harajuku.

Pros: Good food

A little hidden, but definitely worth it - Edit

The small but clean and bright cafe is slightly hidden from the busy main road, Meiji-dori, as it is in the back of a commercial complex. It is conveniently located, close to 2 popular train stations Shibuya and Harajuku. I honestly think their brown rice is the best brown rice I've ever had. The perfect chewy texture with so much flavor! The cooked sides that comes with their plate lunch deserves praise as well as their main. I had their hamburg (a typical Westernized Japanese dish, like a bun less hambergur cooked in a tomato base brown sauce) which was delicious! So flavorful without over-doing the sauce. I also had their daily dish which was a burdock croquette and deep fried fu (Japanese seitan), which left me very satisfied.

Pros: Delicious, Clean

Nice Cafe close to Meiji Shrine - Edit

We went to Hanada Rosso for lunch while wondering around the Harajuku district. It's a nice little cafe with friendly staff. We had the detox vegetable curry and a daily special with a tempeh patty. The curry was a little too spicy (even for me, and I love spicy food), and I couldn't quite appreciate the flavor of the dish itself. The tempeh patty was very small, but it was delicious. Both dishes came with a salad and a miso soup on the side. All in all, it was a good value for the price.
You can also buy some vegan baking supplies such as agave nectar and aluminum-free baking powder.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff

Nice cafe - Edit

It's a nice place to eat if your shopping in Shibuya. We had veggie burgers which very good and then a icecrream parfait which was yummy. Staff was nice but don't speak much english.

Pros: Good food, Nice staff

Cons: A bit expensive

Conveniently located in Harajuku - Edit

I have been to this cafe several times whilst shopping in Harajuku.

Both lunch and dinner consist of a set menu. You can pay extra for desserts and drinks. With some dishes, you have the option of mixed grain rice, brown rice and bread. Some meals come with soup (vegetables in seaweed stock).

At lunch, the best dish I've tried is the veggie burger. The soya patty had substance and the mustard gave it a nice kick. The vegan lasagne was nice, but the lady informed me that it doesn't come up often as they rotate specials frequently. I've also tried the croquette of the day three times, but I've found it very oily each time.
For dinner, I once tried the 'fritto' (battered and fried fake chicken). It was far too oily and made me feel uneasy soon after.

I appreciate the effort this little vegan cafe is making in helping people eat less meat. However, I find the abundance of fried dishes is not healthy. I've also found that the dishes often lack in flavour.

The percentage of salad included in their meals is far too much, in my opinion. It seems half of the plate is salad. For example, if you order the veggie burger, it comes loaded with salad. Then 50% of the plate is salad = 70% of your meal is salad! It further reinforces the misconception that vegans just eat salad, which of course is not true.
For the large amount of salad you get and the small amount of the main dish you ordered, I would say it's quite expensive.

However, this cafe is in a very convenient location if you happen to be shopping in Harajuku/Omotesando. If I'm around there, I know I can at least get a reliable vegetarian meal.

Directions from JR Harajuku Station: Take the Omotesando Exit and walk down Omotesando until you reach the big crossroads. Turn right and stay on the right side of the road. Walk about 5 minutes till you see the Hanada Rosso board outside. The cafe is inside the courtyard.

Pros: Good location in Harajuku, English menu

Cons: Expensive, Too much salad, Some dishes lack flavour

Expensive, food okay - Edit

I visited Hanada Rosso on July 2010 and I thought that it was very expensive. I had a burger (very small one), a banana shake (very good, not a big one) and a slice of vegan cheese cake (a very tiny, dry and tasteless). I think it all costed about 2000 yen. The location is good and it is easy to find because it has a sign on a big shopping street.

Pros: good location, easy to find, good banana shake

Cons: expensive, very small portions, a bit tasteless

Amazing Cafe! - Edit

Went to Hanada today and it was amazing. Everything was perfectly clean, the service and food were prompt and amazing. I got the Veggi Hamburg Steak with brown rice which was the best thing Ive eaten so far in Japan! One of the staff members spoke great english as well! Just happened to find the place off the street!

Pros: Best food!, Easy to find location, A+ Staff

New location for Hanada Rosso - Edit

This restaurant has moved to the Omote Sando area, very convenient to Meiji Jingumae subway station. Small but pleasant location in a courtyard of the Takahashi Building. Very good simple food. We loved the pickles. Specials can be interesting, but the basic menu is good (and available in English). "Fish" and chips is fun, but don't expect french fries. A nice addition to the already vegan rich Omote Sando area.

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Hanada Rosso closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 14034 times since Apr 2009.