Lacto
Take-out
British
European
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers vegan dishes such as overnight oats, gluten-free granola, acai bowl, polenta wrap, banana and walnut bread with banana & maple syrup. Most of the cakes offered are vegan and labelled. Also offers a variety of plant milks. Open Mon-Fri 08:00-16:00, Sat 09:00-16:30, Sun 09:30-16:30.

Venue map for Hampton & Vouis
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by einsemd

SandraSeng

Points +106

22 Feb 2024

Lovely Cafe

Lots of sweet and savory vegan options. I'm taking one star off bc the red velvet late didn't taste as good as I'd hoped but the toast was amazing and I'd definitely have that again!!!

ShannonStones

Points +525

20 Feb 2024

Delicious looking pancakes

Visited Dec ‘23. I was recommended the pancakes here so that’s what we went for. I think the pancake stack was well presented and delicious, but it is more of an upmarket establishment so they’re on the pricier side (around £13 for a stack at the time).

They also had granola, porridge, an açai bowl, grilled sandwiches, French toast and other brunch items as well as coffees and cake.

Harrington

Points +120

25 Nov 2023

Good selection of speciality coffee and vegan options

Great little cafe in Manchester offering cakes, a varied menu, and lovely coffee supporting independent roasters.

Order the Olive Garden and a coffee and others in my party ordered Pancakes and the Mediterranean brunch option. Food was great and coffee was superb.

Would definitely visit again!

Pros: Good options, Variety, Speciality Coffee Roasts

Mangogirl

Points +1638

24 Sep 2023

Sweet and savoury

A nice place for stopping by when you are graving some desert and good coffee. We had a lemon poppy seed loaf and raspberry tartlet (with eatable gold) which were both really nice! Coffee and beetroot latte are not bad either!

AliceManchip

Points +812

02 Sep 2023

Nicely presented pancakes

Wide range of vegan options. Pancakes are nicely presented but unfortunately don’t taste as good as they look. Drink are lovely - would recommend the matcha

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-02

VeganCharl

Points +76

19 Aug 2023

Wouldn't go back

Drinks are lovely. Went for the pancakes. Very disappointed as they were chewy, stale and cold. Sorry guys, definitely not up to scratch.

CSTL

Points +59

13 Aug 2023

Nice for breakfast

Nice vegan options for breakfast (pastries, cakes, toasts, sandwichs, bowls…)

rileywilde

Points +592

08 Jul 2023

Lovely

Delicious food, lovely presentation.
Loses a point for not being wheelchair accessible and charging extra for plant milks

Pros: Lots of vegan cakes is always a bonus in my books, The coffee was outstanding

Cons: Not wheelchair accessible, Charges extra for plant milk

nicirl

Points +1182

09 Jun 2023

Good vegan options

I got pancakes and it was well presented, albeit the pancakes were not incredible and quite.. starchy(?). However decent price and would go back!

Stapo

Points +40

04 Jun 2023

Amazing pancakes

Lovely find. We always seem to struggle to find a good vegan place to go for breakfast after a night out, since Leaf closed a while back. There was no breakfasts here as such but my wife had avocado smash which was amazing and I was tempted at the Biscoff pancakes. I don't usually eat anything so sweet for breakfast but wow it was definitely special and worth it. Thank you, we will return next time we are in Manchester.

Pros: Amazing pancakes , Friendly staff

Cons: No vegan breakfasts.

m4tth3w

Points +212

27 May 2023

Gorgeous

Best pancakes I’ve ever had and plenty of choice. The red velvet latte is also delicious 😋

CharlieMills

Points +3956

04 Apr 2023

Amazing pancakes!

The pancakes here are delicious - I will definitely be going back to try more. The red velvet latte looked pretty but I think a normal latte tastes nicer!

JuliaGGower

Points +21

Vegetarian
31 Mar 2023

Tasty food, great coffee

Fabulously tasty olive and avocado toast and great coffee

Pros: Several vegan options , Great coffee, Amazingly tasty avocado and olive smash

alexhall95

Points +138

19 Mar 2023

Great for brunch!

Really nice food and lots of vegan options for brunch. They were really accommodating with amending the menu for us as well!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Incredible vegan pancakes

Cons: Expensive , Not fully vegan

tseth

Points +282

13 Mar 2023

Lots of vegan options

Range of vegan options for brunch, especially sweet options ! The biscoff and bueno pancakes are my favourite 🥞 The waitress did mix up my dish with a non vegan one by accident but we realised before it was too late, so I would double check !!!! They also have a wide range of vegan cakes and bakes at the counter.

Updated from previous review on 2023-03-13

LouiseMajor

Points +35

12 Feb 2023

Holy shlamole it was amazing

Pancakes, ice cream, lotus everything, raw bueno type bar…..what’s not to love?!?!

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Alternative milk options

arlo2

Points +108

07 Jan 2023

A staple brunch

I’m always here for brunch. A coffee and a decent place for around a tenner is a win

MarieRoyakkers

Points +40

05 Oct 2022

Incroyable

Really gooodd, a lot of vegan options

audreyohh

Points +256

20 Aug 2022

Okay

Great coffee and turmeric latte, but the banana bread was a little bit disappointing.

wildkat

Points +179

11 Aug 2022

Amazing vegan breakfast!

Loved eating breakfast here during my Manchester stay, so much good, healthy vegan food to choose between. If I could I would have given this place 5 stars.

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Yummy vegan cakes , Great healthy drinks

HolBates

Points +756

05 Aug 2022

Great brunch

Great range of lattes - beetroot, turmeric.
Always has a few vegan cakes.

But the best part is the home made beans on toast or vegan pancake stakes.

Pros: Great options

Cons: Busy, Expensive

AmberElgee

Points +79

21 Jul 2022

I was okay

Cake was dry and a tad tastless but the tea was nice

Pros: Quite a few vegan cakes, Nice tea selection

Cons: Expensive

deadpledge

Points +11354

25 Jun 2022

Excellent quality breakfast

We experienced a truly wonderful breakfast at H&V, where we shared the acai bowl and biscoff and bueno stack. I love an acai bowl and this one certainly didn't disappoint, as it was packed full of nutritional goodness and bursting with flavour. The biscoff and bueno stack, which was served with lotus biscuit sauce, chocolate sauce, lotus biscuit crumble, vegan loveraw wafer, vanilla ice cream and berries was also divine and worth every penny. Vegan options are a plenty here with great coffee but the vibe was a little flat. Would return again for sure though.

Pros: Great food , Plenty of vegan options, Good value for money

Cons: Vibe, Not fully vegan

jadealice

Points +143

21 Mar 2022

If you want amazing pancakes- come here!!

Visited here on pancake day and wasn’t disappointed! I chose the kinder bueno pancake & my friend had the jammy dodger one. Really nicely presented. Slightly pricy but was a nice treat!

Pros: Amazing pancakes , Lots of vegan options

Cons: Expensive

FernandaOliveira

Points +1184

18 Mar 2022

excellent breakfast

my gf and i really enhot having breakfast out and i think this was our favorite place in manchester! we shared the lostus biscoff stack and the olive garden toast, i was afraid the pancakes would be too sweet but they were perfect, i absolutely loved them! the toast was also great and it’s a different option rather than the usual (and delicious) avo toast. coffee was also great

jasonchauhan

Points +17

Mostly Veg
06 Oct 2021

Smashed Avocado Toast!

Had the best smashed avocado toast I’ve ever tasted!! Pancakes and beetroot almond milk latte were great too.

Pros: Plenty of vegan options

VickiWanSlattery

Points +1396

14 Aug 2021

Great portion, yummy vegan pancakes

Came here for the pancakes.

We didn’t book in advance, got there around 3pm just before they were closing the kitchen, phew!

All pancakes were vegan, I got the lotus biscuit stack, he got the biscoff and bueno stack, we both got an oat chai latte.

Service was quick, pancakes were lovely and filling!

There were also some cakes/desserts on the counter, 3 of which were also vegan.

Would definitely recommend and come back.