Contact +39-0-95530377

via Quintino Sella, 28, Catania-Catane, Catania, Italy, I-95100

Cucina naturale. Vegan food restaurant with an outdoor garden. Open daily for lunch, Tue-Sun dinner. Open Mon-Sun 1:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan, International, Macrobiotic, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by loving_veggies

nice - Edit

Good food but very slow and nobody speaks english :( We had some fallafels (without coriander and parsley...) with homous.Then some great Seitan alla milanese and good mushroom Seitan (but not as good as the milanese). As desert we took some tiramisu, very good, and ice cream (a little bit too sweet).

Pros: Good food

Cons: no english spokenservice too slow

ottimo - Edit

Posto molto carino con un bel giardinetto interno.
Cibo elaborato, fresco, preparato al momento, abbondante.
100% vegan.

Pros: Molta scelta, Porzioni abbondanti

Cons: Più caro rispetto ad altri ristoranti in zona

Good, clean Macro food - Edit

Haiku seems to offer a small daily menu, generally made up of variations of traditional Italian foods, served on mixed plates. The food is in the macro tradition, consisting of healthy whole-foods, and so while it might not be the right choice if you're crazing a burger or big pasta plate, the food is good and tasty. Also worth mentioning are the desserts; I enjoyed an incredibly creamy chocolate cake which was delicious, and a bit of a surprise after a lunch of (almost equally delicious) rice and salads.

Pros: Comfortable, shaded outdoor seating, Good food, Delicious desserts

A great place - Edit

I have been here twice in the last month and both times I had a great experience. I went at lunchtime so had the buffet. There was a choice of about nine dishes. The food was delicious and very fresh. There was also an impressive dessert menu with about five options. I went for the pistachio and chocolate ice cream. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Overall the bill was very reasonable. €18 for three buffet options, ice cream and two glasses of wine.

This is a great restaurant and I would not hesitate to recommend it. I would definitely visit again should I be back in Catania.

Great food in beautiful setting - Edit

During me and my boyfriends vacation to Sicily we went here twice - first to eat the famous vegan tiramisu ((the pistaccio one is the best) and then to eat lunch.
They have a beautiful section in the back of the restaurant that is outdoors - very harmonic and romantic setting. The staff is very friendly - they are located near the train station/bus terminal. AND their food is delicious - we went for lunch when they had a buffet with alot of different choices of food. You could choose two dishes for 8 euro, 3 dishes for 9 and maybe 4 for 10. We chose arancini, wonderful polenta with broccoli, tasty pizza, a seitan stir-fry and vegan omelette. All of this was amazingly tasty and felt actually quite healthy and fresh. We had bio-beer to this that was also very tasty. We will return for sure!

Pros: tasty and healthy, great atmosphere, friendly staff

Great find - Edit

Haiku is a lovely all-vegan restaurant close to the central train station in Catania. Looks great inside and has a very varied menu. If I'dd had more time in Catania I would have definitely visited again. As it was, I had one of the many pizzas named after famous vegetarians. My "Leonardo Da Vinci" had generous amounts of seitan, broccoli and pieces of almond along with a white sauce. Delicious and filling. My friend and I were brought salads as a starter which had a tasty dressing. Afterwards we tried the vegan tiramisu which was incredible. Not only tasted great, but there was a lot of it. Friendly staff, and they had a small garden with tables for outside dining too.

Pros: All vegan, Huge variety of dishes, Friendly staff

Excellent - Edit

We went two times to this location. First time I had a salad with a side order of creamy mushroom potatoes for an appetizer, and for an entree I had a vegan pizza. It was absolutely delicious.
On the second visit the food was delicious as well but there was a minor problem. Our pizza came first, followed but all of our appetizers. Our table was full of food, and we tried to eat all of it as quickly as possible so the food does not get cold. Unfortunately, this ruined the experience, we had to get most of our food to go. It was an unfortunate mistake on somebody's part.

The restaurant features a beautiful outdoor patio in the back.
Updated from previous review on Saturday June 06, 2015

Updated from previous review on Saturday June 06, 2015

Pros: Food quality, Decour

Cons: Bad service on one occasion

NE Part of Town/ I Order Tiramisu/ And It Is Vegan - Edit

We were very happy to find a purely vegan restaurant in Catania. Even happier to eat the food here. Great selection of food. We will have to make it back to Sicily just to eat here again. Try the vegan tiramisu!

Pros: Food Quality, Restaurant Decor, Nice Walk (not too far) to Restaurant.

Cons: This Place Doesn't Exist in My Home-town

very nice place - Edit

haiku cucine naturale is a very nice place in catania. haiku offers vegan (and only vegan!) dishes. they have some unusual options like breaded tofusticks but they are extrem tasty (i love it). the only thing i've missed is some cakes or sweets (they have only fruits and a pudding). the location is central in catania but you have to ring the bell if you want in. in the evenig haiku opens around 8pm.

price: its a little bit expensive, but vegan food is expensive, too at the island of sicily :(

just for info: 2 streets away there is an organic market with tofu (taifun) and soy milk.

Pros: excellent food, good value, friendly staff

Cons: not much desserts, expensive

Outstanding for vegans & non-vegans! - Edit

I went there with my husband (omni) to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and I couldn't have picked a better place! Great atmosphere in the garden setting, very friendly personnel (ours spoke English) & the food was *amazing*! We'll be back soon for sure!!!
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 18, 2011

Pros: Awesome food, Friendly personnel , Decent prices

Wonderful! - Edit

Took my wife here today. Staff was extremely nice and food was delicious! Atmosphere is also very organic with a huge garden in the back next to where we were seated. They also have a shop next door with a bunch of great organic, vegan items for those who want something to take home. This definitely isn't the last time we'll be visiting. ♥

Pros: Kind staff, great environment, very filling

Wowweeee - Edit

My husband and I have been living in Sicily for over a year and just lamenting the limited vegetarian options at restaurants. I am so GLAD I found Haiku. They take rustic, traditional ingredients and put an interesting, vegan-friendly spin on them. We had a mashed potato loaf (yummier than it sounds...I wish I had words to describe it) sauteed mushrooms, with side salads and bean soup, and we split a slice of vegan tiramisu (omg, yum!). It was wonderful to be satisfied by a meal without feeling compelled to go to sleep afterward. The staff are very welcoming and helpful. The atmosphere is warm, intimate, and inviting. I loved every minute we were there, and I'm sure it will be a frequent date spot of ours for years to come!

Pros: excellent food, Service, Healthy Cuisine

Simply the Best! - Edit

My fiancee and I found this great restaurant when we first arrived in Sicily. The service was outstanding as we were a little early (not yet accustomed to this cultures late dining) but they still served us a wonderful antipasta platter containing homemade tortilla chips, spring rolls, pita's with the most delightful spreads, also on this platter was a flat bread with a yummy salad topping. We also enjoyed a platter with penne, seitan, a salad as well as some mashed potato and yam. I had wine which was very nice and full of body, complementing my meal. We followed up with vegan tiramisu! My Oh My! We have been there three times since and have found this to be our favorite in Europe nest to La Zucca Magica in Nice, France. We highly recommend this for those that like to dine with style. The art and decor is very vibrant and very 'homey' feeling. You will love it :)

Pros: Great prices, Great food, Great service

Return to Catania Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Haiku closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3477 times since Aug 2007.