H.O.P.E.

818-506-9015

11943 Ventura Blvd (at Radford), Studio City, California, USA, 91604

Name stands for Healthy Organic Positive Eating. Offers a large menu of Thai food plus many kinds of veggie burgers. Replaced the previous Vegan Plate in Jan 2015. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:30pm, Mon-Fri 4:30pm-9:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan, Thai, Take-out

First Review by heathera75

Disappointing not for reasons you'd think - Edit

Their food is amazing and I wish I could visit again. The reason I won't EVER?

Valet parking. I don't appreciate having to pay more for this, and the valet told me it would be free if I spent $15 or more at the restaurant.

I live on a limited income and don't appreciate the attitude implied by this. So as much as I'd love to support organic vegan places, they have permanently lost my business (I was there twice before).

Pros: organic, vegan

Cons: valet parking, service so-so, limited parking

Not so good - Edit

We went to HOPE and the place was packed and noisy. The service was slow (they served people who ordered after us before us). I had a rainbow salad but it had so much BBQ sauce that I could not taste any ingredient. My husband had a chicken roll that was good. French fries were bad. Everything you order you need to pay to add avocado or proteins... Other vegan restaurants in the same area don't extra-charge for that and are quieter (and food is better). It's not a bad place, but my experience was disappointing. I would no go back.

Cons: slow service , noisy , not the best food in LA

lovely lunch - Edit

I finally came here with another friend and her baby for lunch. We were the first ones there after they opened and stayed a couple of hours. Other customers came and left, but the staff was always friendly and attentive to us. We ordered the Muay Thai kick wings, super greens and Pad Thai to share. It was all delicious and beautifully presented. My friend ordered the mac and cheese for her son and let me take a bite as well. It was amazing. Not your usual mac and cheese as it was incredibly flavorful, almost like a casserole, so I will be back to have a whole dish to myself. Overall, it was a lovely lunch as the décor is inviting and modern, the staff are friendly and the food is delicious.

Pros: tasty dishes, friendly staff, nice atmosphere

Contributions +64

Beautiful Plating, Delicious Meals - Edit

We were going to go to Vegan Plate but it had been a while and they were no longer there. Enter HOPE. I looked at the menu and was hopeful it would be as good as Vegan Plate and it absolutely was. The food was as beautiful to look at as it was delicious. Will definitely be going back.

Pros: Gorgeous food, Attentive Waitstaff

Cons: parking - tiny lot

Loved this place! - Edit

Ordered Praram and tacos. Boy those were good!
I am the hardest to please begin eater and consider myself to be somewhat of a foodie.
This menu seems to be an updated and modern version of the typical Thai vegan cuisine. Don't hesitate to go here

Good place -not completely what I imagined though. - Edit

First off, Happy Cow has the times incorrect. I went there at 4 pm and had to wait til the chef came back at 4:40. They let me "hang out" but weren't incredibly welcoming (the manager). The wait staff that arrived later, however were really friendly. Many things were gluten free options and they said 90 percent organic - but I wouldn't estimate it to be that high (based on my questions). I noticed they serve 7-up, Coke, Pepsi in refrigerator right next to the Kombucha and I spotted Non-organic soy milk...
Sooo, not saying the place isn't good, just appreciate clarity. The dish I got with some variation to it- was very yummy. Overall a good experience but thought I'd share about those few things....
Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 17, 2015

Updated from previous review on Tuesday March 17, 2015

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Not quite as health conscious as thought

Return to Studio City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has H.O.P.E. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.