CLOSED: Gypsy and the Cat Cafe

( 1 review )

0450-440-793

2247 Gold Coast Hwy, Shop 2 (at Wave St), Gold Coast, Queensland, 4218

Trendy cozy vegetarian cafe in the heart of Nobbys Beach offering raw, gluten free and organic items. Plenty of vegan options such as tofu scramble, burgers, desserts and more. Drinks include coffees with soy, oat or almond milk and bubble and herbal teas from around the globe. Has a relaxing retreat ambiance. Offers psychic readings and healings. SHUT DOWN AT END OF OCT 2013 PER ITS FB MSSG.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Raw

1 Review

First Review by Petesternz

Interesting place.... good cakes! - Edit

We recently visited Gypsy, which is going through a transition period. The menu was interesting, but this is a small place, and they were literally running out of food when we arrived. I get the impression a change in management was imminent. The food was a mixed bag. We had a yummy Kale soup and a good tortilla wrap (though it was unwrapped) with scrambled tofu. The banana/paw paw smoothie, on the other hand, was terrible. I'm not sure if the paw paw was not ripe enough, or the almond milk had a sour taste, but it was very poor. They have some nice raw cakes that were very good for dessert. The place has an "earthy" charm and staff were very friendly. Overall, a solid choice, though I probably won't be running back any time soon.

Return to Gold Coast Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Gypsy and the Cat Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.