Gutburgerlich

+49-6412097059

Bahnhofstr. 22, Giessen, Germany, 35390

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger restaurant useing seasonal produce. Offers 2 or 3 vegetarian/vegan patties. Tasty sauces and fries. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, American, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tank242

🍔 and Fries - Edit

Tasty falaffel burger (just a Little dry), tasty homemade fries and exceptionally friendly staff. ASK for the Portobello burger 🍔

Awesome burgers - Edit

The vegan burgers at Gutburgerlich are not exceptionally inventive but really great standard options: I tried the portobello burger (which was my favourite) and the falafel one (which was tasty as well but was fried a bit too long for my taste and was thus a tad dry). The fresh salalds and sauces make the burgers really yummy and their chips are great, too.

Pros: 3 vegan options, good quality fast food

Feelgood Burgerbar - Edit

See my upload as reference - the vegan burger was awesome! No seitan, no tofu, but plain creativity.
I had a second burger after that one; the falafel burger (called Käthe), also great.
The fries are outstanding and on my alltime top 3 list.
The guys even offer homemade vegan mayonaise, which is exceptional for a non vegan restaurant.

There is one downside though:
-There is only one vegan burger reliably available (and one vegetarian)

The people there are very nice as well and are open to new ideas and suggestions.
Updated from previous review on Monday October 06, 2014
I took tout the part about non-separate preparation, thank you kueb!

Pros: regional&seasanol food, very friendly staff

Cons: not organic

2 Responses

kueb 02 Nov 2014 - First things first: I work at Gutburgerlich...
Thanks for the nice review, Tank, I'm glad you liked the food!
Just one little thing:
The falafel (vegan) is prepared in a deep fryer with vegetable oil. The Portobello mushroom (vegan) and halloumi (vegetarian) patties are fried in a pan which is only used for veggies and said patties. They won't touch any meat while prepared for the burger! From time to time we will fry a vegan/vegetarian patty on the meat grill but only with your permission. It's a little faster, so for example, if you are in a hurry, we will ask if we can use the meat grill to get your burger ready as fast as possible :)

Tank242 07 Nov 2014 - Hey kueb, thank you for this update! When I was enjoying your burgers, the patties we're prepared in the meat grill and I was not asked about that.
I have updated the review nonetheless! And in order to gain cow no 5 you have to become meat free ;-)) Cu, Tank

Return to Giessen Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gutburgerlich closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.