European
Austrian

The city's first vegan bistro & cafe. Offers sandwiches, soups and salads as well as heartier dishes and sweets. Both traditional Austrian cuisine and international dishes. Coffee and natural juices. Small restaurant so it might be recommended to make reservation. Reported to close earlier than stated times, check ahead. Open Thu-Fri 11:00-20:00, Sat 10:00-18:00.

Venue map for GustaV
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by carolvegan

ccanning

Points +238

12 Oct 2023

Delighted with this vegan lunch spot

Cozy vegan diner with daily specials. Had a pumpkin soup with dumpling that was well seasoned and with a taste of fresh parsley. Partner chose daily sandwich special with vegan schnitzel and a side of colourful coleslaw. Nice zing in the mayo. Local light beer and cappuccinos. All yummy.

Pros: Super friendly service , Small space a reprieve from busy street , Option of indoor or outdoor seating

Cons: No

jeason

Points +32

22 Sep 2023

Lovely Cafe

This is a small, cozy cafe that serves tasty food. We had the pumpkin soup and the sandwich of the month and really enjoyed both.

tampopo

Points +438

31 Aug 2023

Very friendly and tasty.

Cute place. Nice atmosphere. Good food but not many options. Would still recommend it.

SteffiSt

Points +39

13 Aug 2023

Super lecker

Sandwich und Kuchen war beides super. Ausgefallene und leckere Getränkeauswahl.

Pros: Leckeres essen, Tolle auswahl, Nette Bedienung

KA80

Points +83

13 Aug 2023

Cute little cafe

Tasty food. Friendly staff. On lunch menu they have a soup of the day, sandwich of the day, plate of the day and a large tofu salad. We tried soup, sandwich and salad. All three were of good quality served with home made nut-seed bread. Only accepts cash.

08 Aug 2023

Георги Милчев

Изключително любезни и много вкусна храна!

ClaudiaSpiritualCoach

Points +175

23 Jul 2023

Relaxed and enjoyable to go to

Relaxed and enjoyable to go to when you visit Salzburg or drive by on your holiday.

Pros: Creative meals, Great taste , Chill music

PeterMusicproducer

Points +75

No pictures, please?!?

A very small, but grand hospitality from the staff. Denise and Sara where more than happy to take care of our food needs. We ate with delight and got drinks. A small creature flew in to Claudia’s drink, which was 2/3rd empty, but got replaced with a full new drink, without hesitation. No pictures is our own fault, we forgot to take any, due to the new people we met, the friendly and chatty staff, and nice conversations they brought.

ClaudiaSpiritualCoach

23 Jul 2023

Yes and I managed to take two pictures but not from the food 😅

Fahel

Points +34

20 Jul 2023

Loved It.

Ich bin vor drei Jahren gegangen, aber wenn ich da war, hatte ich eine gute Erlebnis! Der Besitzer war super freundlich, das Essen war sehr lecker und ich mochte den Cappuccino. Ich möchte eines Tages zurückgehen

Pros: Der Besitzer war echt nett, Das Essen war super, Die Preise waren gut und fair

GretaDiMarco

Points +308

14 Jul 2023

Amazing lunch!

Cozy place with tasty healthy vegan food great for breakfast, brunch and lunch

Pros: High quality vegan food, Cozy place , Friendly staff

LisaSpykers

Points +6429

03 Jul 2023

Tasty but limited menu options

We ordered a spinach soup that came with quite a small piece of seed bread and a burger (served in focaccia-type bread) with a side salad. There was only a salad and special of the day available to choose from and two cakes (one raw). I thought the breakfast menu was also available but was told that was only on the weekend. While the food tasted quite good, the menu was very small and there were actually more drinks than food available. Given there was little to choose from, it was also a bit surprising that the food took awhile to come out.

It's a good place, but I wished for more options.

Updated from previous review on 2023-07-03

Kokosfett

Points +355

24 Jun 2023

Top in Salzburg

Uns hat es hier sehr gut gefallen. Das Ambiente ist großartig familiär, gemütlich, alles super.
Die Speisekarte ist klein gehalten, wir haben das Tagesessen und das Sandwich des Tages gegessen. Geschmacklich war es super. Auf jeden Fall einen Besuch wert!
Bargeld dabei haben!

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-24

Françoislegrand

Points +88

09 Jun 2023

One of the few completely vegan places in Salzburg

And on top of that super delicious either to have lunch or coffee.

leaf____

Points +195

04 Jun 2023

Just okay

I got the soup of the day for a quick lunch. It was a beetroot soup that didn't taste of much. The menu didn't have a huge variety of options, but at least it was fully vegan.

AnnaLamm

Points +23

20 May 2023

mit Liebe geführt

kleines, feines, veganes Restaurant

Pros: frisches, leckeres Essen, mit Liebe zubereitet , gemütlich, freundlich

monisonfire

Points +4520

13 May 2023

wonderful place!

Update May 2023:
Can’t believe it took me this long to come back!

Again, lovely service! Place was busy so some things took a little longer.
Tasty drinks and delicious french toast!

highly recommended!

May 2017:
visited with a friend - left satisfied and will definitely be back!
their menu isn't big but everything sounds delicious. i LOVE that they have daily/monthly changing options - which makes it easy to come back.
i had some filled zucchini (daily special) which was nice but could have easily dealt with a bit more flavour (a lemon to squeeze on top or some chilli would have made a huge difference), salad was really nice. my friend had a sandwich with fish fingers (monthly special) and she was head over heels! i tried it and it surely was delicious! they made it from white beans not soy/tofu which is a nice change and oh so healthy!!

the drink menu is really nice, too! they offer their own sirups and lemonades that are unusual in salzburg :)

the service was excellent! the lady was just so very nice and willing to answer any questions!
can't wait to go back and try their cakes!

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-23

Pros: taste, service , location

Cons: hoping for more options without sandwiches! , opening times (this would be a lovely place, for later during the day)

kanelkärlek

Points +125

30 Mar 2023

Lecker

Ein kleines, gemütlich eingerichtetes Café. Wir hatten die Tagessuppe und Kuchen, es war sehr lecker.

Pros: Alles vegan

NicolaWinter

Points +101

23 Mar 2023

Cash only!!

All vegan cafe, very small and lovely service.

Pros: Lovely menu

Cons: Cash only

colorful_vegan

Points +339

18 Mar 2023

Nice place for small hunger

I stopped by in GustaV for a small bite and for sth to drink, ended up ordering vegan smoothie and vegan cheesecake. Both were super tasty and not too sweet. I saw other people ordering salads, soups, sandwiches. I would recommend coming here for a brunch or desserts, rather than for a bigger dinner 🌱

Pros: Tasty desserts, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Cash only

Karo142

Points +28

03 Feb 2023

Leckeres Essen und gemütliches Ambiente

Sehr gemütliche / familiäre Atmosphäre und gutes, leckeres Essen.

Pros: Klein und gemütlich , Preislich im Rahmen, Schnell und lecker

vncntgerard

Points +116

23 Jan 2023

Good food, but..?!

We went to GustaV twice this month and experienced two disappointments. The first time the waitress told us that we can only pay cash. I don’t understand why some restaurants don’t add the 3% credit card fee on top of their prices... makes the lives of everyone easier!— anyway, the lady told us to go to this ATM a block away. Later I saw that I had to pay $10 in fees. To get 50€. Pretty disappointing.

But the food was so good, we said we’re gonna try it again... this time to go. So we bought their sandwich of the month twice but this time, they charged us the full price 12€ for a relatively small sandwich / gyros and didn’t give us the side salad!

I’m not sure why but that wasn’t very professional... and kind of expensive on top. Sad to say, but we won’t go there a third time.

Pros: Great food, Delicious dessert

Cons: Expensive, Cash only, Not always friendly

k.v108

Points +26

20 Jan 2023

Gustav

Ich gehe seit Jahren jedes Monat zu Gustav und bin noch nie unzufrieden nachhause gegangen!
Tagesgericht und wechselndes Montassandwich

Pros: 1000000% vegan, Nett und gemütlich , Abwechslungsreich

Cons: Eng

Alex.A.

Points +289

07 Jan 2023

Cozy place, good food

Very good food
Friendly stuff

Pros: all vegan, delicious

AzariaB

Points +810

06 Jan 2023

Small location and small menu but yummy food

Really liked the sandwich special which was a kebab! I liked the dumplings and roast veg too but it wouldn’t have been enough to fill me up

Tamy

Points +2888

29 Dec 2022

Homey and delicious

Tiny restaurant with delicious homey soup. The menu changes daily, so what you will find is always a surprise.
When I stopped by I had a delicious parsnip and cabbage cream as well as a large and very fresh salad. Both dishes were tasty and made with high quality ingredients. I especially enjoyed the warm cashew cheese that came in the salad.
Service is very friendly, but the place is busy and getting a seat during the lunch rush could be hard. Book in advance or be ready to wait. Also, it’s cash only.
Overall, it’s very much worth a stop.

Pros: Homey, Tasty food, Friendly service

Cons: Cash only , Busy

elwood67

Points +32

17 Dec 2022

Richtig gutes Essen

Wir hatten das Weihnachtsessen, einen Dürüm mit Sojafleisch. Hat super gut geschmeckt!

Kittybiscuit

Points +7256

02 Dec 2022

Delicious dinner

They just reopened yesterday after having a break so I booked for 6pm. When we arrived we were seated next to the window which was nice.

They had a dish of the day which had sold out unfortunately but they did have a warm sandwich. I also ordered the parsnip and carrot soup to start. This was served in a huge bowl and was really tasty. Next the warm sandwich came out and it was served with a salad.

The serving was huge and it had onion jam and pumpkin schnitzel in the middle. The sandwich was so tasty and filling. I particularly liked the onion jam and the fact it was warm.

I was too full to try the cake unfortunately.

The people were so lovely and they explained everything to us in English. Cash only (again seems to be a thing in Austria)