Japanese
Organic
Take-out
Bakery

Bakery and cafe. Makes muffins and scones, reported with vegan options. Serves a few vegetable-focused, healthier meals. Sells a small selection of fresh organic produce. Reported fully vegan May 2023. Cash only. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-4:00pm. Closed Sun.

Venue map for Guruatsu
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by Sofia.usik

Viuccy

Points +40

18 Feb 2024

Delicious!

Very tasty set menu lunch, fully vegan. Super friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Tsukimi

Points +3832

09 Feb 2024

What a plate & Muffin heaven! 🤩

The lunch plate is huge and so satisfying! And they got so many muffins to choose from!! All fluffy so yummy!
They are selling fresh veggies in front of the store. Glad they went fully vegan! I always thought this place deserves 5 stars.

Updated from previous review on 2024-02-07

brodham

Points +148

13 Jan 2024

Delicious and healthy

Absolutely delicious and healthy. One main choice - a big plate of salad and other food. Most expensive option is eat-in on the weekends, least expensive is take-out on weekdays. At a quiet location, north-east of Ueno station (you have to cross the main road). Also, a big selection of vegan muffins.

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-13

Pros: Healthy and delicious, BIG selection of vegan muffins

Cons: Could do with more comfortable chairs, Cash only

Sara_Sayuri

Points +66

13 Dec 2023

Carino e molto buono

Il locale è molto carino il personale gentile, ho mangiato un piatto unico, tipo insalatona con anche gyoza e riso che era davvero molto buono e fatto con ingredienti freschi.
Abbiamo anche portato via dei dolcini. Si può pagare solo con contante.
Consigliato!

Pros: Totalmente vegano prodotti freschi

arashi22

Points +178

26 Aug 2023

Lovely

All pretty straight forward, as they only have 1 option for lunch and 1 option for dinner (plus baked goods such as muffins, scones and cookies). Healthy vegan meal with salad, veggies and pickled veggies. I enjoy the nice atmosphere and food was tasty (coffee a little less so)

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-26

Pros: Healthy, Cozy atmosphere

Cons: Not very good coffee, Limited menu options

Clairebrfc

Points +80

09 Aug 2023

Wasn’t open

Will try tomorrow seems it has a schedule for august openings

sls79

Points +89

01 Aug 2023

Nice little find - 100% vegan

Set lunch plate with soup was delicious, as was the acai soy smoothie. Staff were extremely friendly and the overall ambiance was nice. I very much enjoyed my lunch here but do note it's a cash only vene.

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-01

Pros: All vegan , Nice atmosphere , Fresh vegetables and salad

Cons: Cash only

krchow

Points +130

22 Jun 2023

Excellent lunch & recently all-vegan

Excellent vegetable-filled lunch in the Ueno area in a small cafe which has recently gone all-vegan. Amazing selection of muffins with creative flavors. We ordered strawberry white chocolate, earl grey and orange, and spicy carrot cake to go.

Pros: Many fresh veggies , Nice atmosphere , Muffin selection

CadeSchaffer

Points +16

21 Jun 2023

Delicious!

An absolutely wonderful salad, bowl of soup, and more scone and muffin options than you could imagine! The Atmosphere was great as well, and the staff were super friendly! I'll be returning as soon as I'm in Tokyo again!

Jessie_H

Points +205

03 Jun 2023

Gahhhh amazing!!!

Oh I loved EVERYTHING about this place. The set menu was loaded with veggies, super colourful, filling and delicious. Also bought some scones and muffins for later that afternoon, of which there were a huge selection to choose from. Gorgeous decor and vibe too. Super friendly staff. Absolutely an easy 5 stars!

Mowsea

Points +104

27 May 2023

Literally amazing!

I was craving some veg since I had been eating mostly onigiri and ramen the past few days. I was worried I would receive your stereotypical pretty yet tasteless salad but I was so wrong!! Each vegetable had its own unique delicious flavor and I couldn’t stop jumping around the plate trying new things / returning to my favs. The only thing I didn’t like was the two small grey cubes that were part of the dish. The umami/fishy flavor was super strong and the texture wasn’t doing it for me. That was one small part of the dozens of amazing things on the plate though so I really felt like I got my money’s worth regardless. I left feeling pleasantly full and grabbed a few muffins on my way out for a snack. I got the maple banana and the orange muffins; they were amAZINGGGG. Just be sure to ask which muffins are vegan there might be 1-2 options of of the dozen there that has dairy.

Pros: Many unique flavors, Loads of options for muffins, Reasonable price

OmerMorag

Points +26

23 May 2023

Love it!

Everything is fresh and tasty, the stuff is very friendly!

darylt

Points +260

02 May 2023

This restaurant is all vegan

Super delicious and fresh, set menu for lunch. Coffee with soy milk. Bakery with lots of muffins. Went there today and it is all vegan! Needs to be updated on this app

Pros: All vegan, Fresh and lots of veggies, Muffins

Nattata

Points +365

25 Apr 2023

Try the muffins!!!

Wish I could give this place five stars. Didn't see any meat here. Staff pointed out what was not fully vegan (a couple of the muffins, that's all). Great vegan set meal near Ueno Park. Good place to get your veggies in Tokyo. Did not see any meat available on the menu. The muffins are actually so amazing, had one with my meal and bought more to have later. Sells some healthy snacks and such too, didn't check that it's all vegan but some definitely is.

Pros: Best muffins I've ever had, Healthy vegetable plate hard to find in Tokyo

HannahAych

Points +58

31 Mar 2023

Now 100% vegan! ^^

Lovely place near Ueno Park. Lots of products on sale as well as delicious food and drinks.

chocopunk

Points +1205

Mostly Veg
23 Jan 2023

Don't mix up Guruatsu (cafe) with Guruatsu STAND (take away only)

They have two shops in the Ueno area, and this one with eat-in space is called "Guruatsu" and their address is 4-21-6 Higashi Ueno, Taito-ku (the other one is a take away store called "Guruatsu STAND": 3-8-4 Matsugaya, Taito-ku, 6-min walk from the cafe).

Their lunch and lunch box are always vegan, and most of the muffins and scones are also vegan, but some chocolate may contain dairy, so ask staff when you order muffins and scones with chocolate or simply avoid them.

We ordered Good Meal Plate B with a soup for 1450 yen (1550 yen on Saturdays and Holidays), but they also serve Meal plate A without a soup (Weekdays 1340 yen and Saturdays & Holidays 1440 yen).
The lunch menu changes everyday according to seasons and daily vegetables, which is a good part of this cafe.

The muffins and scones taste even better when heated up, so use a toaster oven in the back right side.

Both "Guruatsu" and "Guruatsu STAND" are sometimes closed for events, so check their Instagram before going.

Updated from previous review on 2023-01-22

LauraMatute

Points +56

09 Jan 2023

Best vegan muffins ever

They have like 20 flavours, all vegan except one which was vegetarian (white choc). The berries with cheese was from another planet, I always distrust vegan cheese flavour in dessert but this one was more like a yogurt. You need to try it.

ElisabethMelander

Points +103

16 Oct 2022

Fantastic!

Fantastic meal and experience! We arrived just before closing time and they prepared us a set menu for a reduced price, the ladies working there were so sweet! We had the vegan set menus, organic soy milk latte and the daily vegan muffins and everything was delicious! Everything felt so home cooked and healthy, and the food was very filling without being heavy. Would definitely recommend the muffins and the set menu.
Restaurant also has a shelf with vegan goodies and baking ingredients.

Pros: Free water for guests, good price , Home cooked, healthy meal

XadrockX

Points +58

18 Jul 2022

Okay option for take out baked goods

It was only take out when I went recently and didn't look like they have eat in options at all. Maybe I'm wrong.

All baked goods are vegan!

The organic chocolate muffin was decent. I didn't like the rubard yogurt muffin at all. Worth a try if you're nearby.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Take out only perhaps , So so

AngelaFaragasso

Points +480

23 Mar 2022

Amazing vegan plate

The vegan plate was amazing. So tasty and fulfilling! Will definitely come back!

Updated from previous review on 2022-03-23

Pros: Nice atmosphere , Many vegan sweets , Friendly staff

AnitaDollar

Points +2099

06 Apr 2021

Delicious

Perfect pit stop for a kappabashi walk :)

sarita.p

Points +426

07 Jun 2020

Great Muffins

We tried their „must buy“ labeled muffins which was blueberry cream cheese. It was absolutely amazing. I’m still craving this taste

KarlGethin-Damon

Points +26

04 Feb 2020

Lovely setting and even lovelier staff

Would rate 5 stars if I could, this cafe was exactly what my body needed, with a wholesome and nourishing meal that left me truly satisfied. The staff were knowledgeable on which options were vegan and were helpful in giving some great recommendations. I must advise that you go ahead and get yourself some takeaway muffins as well, the blueberry vegan cheese muffin made my entire day.

Pros: Knowledgeable staff, Good value for money, Wide selection of products

大垣祥

Points +95

Mostly Veg
28 Jan 2020

Tofu maffin

There are many kind of muffin and scorn made by tofu or soy milk,they’re very good tastes.

Pros: Many kind of muffin and scorn , Not expensive , Kind staff

DanielDuncombe

Points +32

10 Apr 2018

delicious muffins

Well worth the walk! The muffins are great and although the lady that served us didn’t speak English she was still very friendly and able to help show me which ones were vegan checking the ingredients for us
Would highly recommend if you love baked goods like me

BeatriceTataTse

Points +103

Vegetarian
03 Oct 2017

they open at 12 !!

Can't find the place they open late

Sterling

Points +415

29 Sep 2017

wow! you should go there!

Everything was vegan today.
They have a huge selection of muffins and scones. (Maple Banana, Double Chocolate, Roasted Green Tea. And so on)
Staff was lovely and spoke english.
A muffin was 264y and a scone 237y.
Everything tatsted good.
It's not a cafe (so you can't sit inside) they sell through the window.

Pros: huge selection