Guru Cafe and Cocktail Lounge

Contact +34-933426422

Carrer Josep Anselm Clave 19, Barcelona, Spain, 08010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Extended it menu in 2013 to include more vegetarian/vegan tapas, salads, and burgers. Offers juices and smoothies with add-in options. In the evenings, restaurant transforms into a lounge and cocktail bar and offers international beers, ecologic wines, original cocktails, and a list of gin and tonics. Live music. Open Mon-Fri 12:00am-2:00pm, Mon-Sun 5:00pm-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-3:00am.

Category: Lacto, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by noamt

Amazing food, service and vibe - Edit

Really nice restaurant if you want something more upscale without high prices. The food was amazing and the service was the best we've had in Barcelona. Not a lot of vegan options but what they have is delicious, they are also very knowledgeable about vegan and their products. They are also incredibly accommodating.

Pros: atmosphere, service, taste, price

Cons: would love try more options of vegan food by this

Very upmarket - Edit

Not really my sort of place, very upmarket, felt a bit uncomfortable - also very very dark to go there before night - felt more like a sort of nightclub than a restaurant to go to during the day. I had the risotto which was very very good, my boyfriend had the veggie burger which he described as "average". Quite expensive. Wouldn't go back but the food wasn't bad, just not my style of place.

not bad... - Edit

Went here last night, lovely staff and ambience. Good labelled as vegetarian and vegan although I suspect they understand vegan I am not sure they understand vegetarian; Parmesan was labelled as vegetarian but when I inquired if this was vegetarian parmesan the gentleman kindly explained vegetarian means you eat milk... I'd make sure you check there is no butter on things if you are vegan

Good vibes and vegan friendly - Edit

Arrived to the bar a little earlier than opening time (August open at 18:00 instead of 17:00) but the owner let us in and was super nice and accommodating.
Even though he hadn't even finished taking down the bar stools and none of the serving staff had arrived, he still promptly served us our drinks and opened up the kitchen.

Pros: Service, Good vegan choices

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Guru Cafe and Cocktail Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.