Guru Cafe and Cocktail Lounge

+34-933426422

Carrer Josep Anselm Clave 19, Barcelona, Spain, 08010

Serves meat, vegan options available. Extended it menu in 2013 to include more veg tapas, salads, and burgers. Offers juices and smoothies with add-in options. In the evenings, restaurant transforms into a lounge and cocktail bar with international beers, ecologic wines, cocktails, live music.

Category: Lacto, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Spanish, Non-veg

First Review by noamt

tapas and cocktails - Edit

Lovely hidden away restaurant near barceloneta metro. Food labelled vegetarian and vegan. Vegan options carb heavy e.g. Bruschetta garlic bread and patatas bravas but still delicious. Service was excellent, staff so friendly and helpful

Pros: service, good for groups travelling with omnis

Cons: carb heavy

Amazing Tapas! - Edit

This place me and my husband found on Happycow, specifically so that my husband could get some meat and i could get something veggie friendly at the same time.

We were nearby this area and went here, and we definitly did not regret this!

First impressions: Very nicely decorated lounge room with high ceilings and nice warm atmosphere. Extremely friendly staff.

Later we figured out we were lucky to get a table, since it became packed as we dined, and next time if we come we would definitely order a table in advance!

We got drinks first, the best tasting passion fruit mojito i have ever gotten, then we ordered grilled bell pepper hummus and garlic bread. I got the vegetarian cannelloni with spinach, walnut and parmesan foam (yes foam!) - i guess the most delicious and good looking meal I've had in ages! it looked like an artwork on the plate.

My husband got his meat of course, and for vegetarians/vegans who want to dine with omnivore friends/family, this is a very good place, since my husband loved his dish.

The staff was super attentive in a very kind way, and even tho' the restaurant was full, we got everything we ordered quickly.

We were also surprised when we got the bill, since we ordered many small tapas, like olives etc. and the bill was really low compared to the amount of food, the quality of the food and this including beers, cocktails etc.

We even got a free shot of caramel vodka with the bill - talk about sending away customers in a good maner!

I can only recommend this place and if we ever come by Barcelona again, we would go here again!

Pros: Friendly staff, cheap, delicious food / good looking food

Cons: you should probably order a table in advance

Amazing food, service and vibe - Edit

Really nice restaurant if you want something more upscale without high prices. The food was amazing and the service was the best we've had in Barcelona. Not a lot of vegan options but what they have is delicious, they are also very knowledgeable about vegan and their products. They are also incredibly accommodating.

Pros: atmosphere, service, taste, price

Cons: would love try more options of vegan food by this

Very upmarket - Edit

Not really my sort of place, very upmarket, felt a bit uncomfortable - also very very dark to go there before night - felt more like a sort of nightclub than a restaurant to go to during the day. I had the risotto which was very very good, my boyfriend had the veggie burger which he described as "average". Quite expensive. Wouldn't go back but the food wasn't bad, just not my style of place.

not bad... - Edit

Went here last night, lovely staff and ambience. Good labelled as vegetarian and vegan although I suspect they understand vegan I am not sure they understand vegetarian; Parmesan was labelled as vegetarian but when I inquired if this was vegetarian parmesan the gentleman kindly explained vegetarian means you eat milk... I'd make sure you check there is no butter on things if you are vegan

Good vibes and vegan friendly - Edit

Arrived to the bar a little earlier than opening time (August open at 18:00 instead of 17:00) but the owner let us in and was super nice and accommodating.
Even though he hadn't even finished taking down the bar stools and none of the serving staff had arrived, he still promptly served us our drinks and opened up the kitchen.

Pros: Service, Good vegan choices

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Guru Cafe and Cocktail Lounge closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1947 times.