( 1 review )

1, Dongsung 2-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Serves meat, vegan options available. Traditional Korean noodle soup restaurant with various types of noodles. The only vegan option here is noodles with red beans (팥칼국수). Wheat noodles are served in a thick soup made from red beans. You have to add salt and sugar to your liking as it is served bland. Could also order soy bean noodles (콩국수) without egg. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:30pm.

Categories: Ovo, Korean, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by PhillipPark

Exotic noodle soup. 신기한 팥칼국수 ㅋㅋ - Edit

대학로에 몇 안 되는 비건음식. 팥죽 칼국수면.
I've never seen such a noodle in my life haha. It's basically noodles dunked in Korean red bean soup. The soup is 100% vegan so no worries! Since red bean soup in Korea is served as a sweet snack or dessert, it was weird for me at first. But I've grown to love it. You can choose to eat it sweet or salty. It tastes really simple and traditional so it might not appeal to younger people or foreigners haha. I feel so lucky to have this near my place because Daehakro is a living hell for vegans.
This red bean noodle soup is a great way to taste the traditional flavors of Korea and also get a high dose of healthy legume protein!

Pros: cheap, healthy

Cons: only one vegan dish

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Guksuga closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.