Gugar

Contact 27032837

89 Republic St, Valletta, Malta,

Small cafe with hippie-vibe. Serves smoothies, dips, and sandwiches. Open Tue 5:00pm-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-1:00am, Wed-Fri 10:00am-12:00am, Sat 3:00pm-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, European

First Review by leilajayne

Perfect place on Malta for Vegans - Edit

Really, really awesome and tasty vegan dishes made with heart by beautiful friends and a very warm-hearted woman from Spain. I am amazed by the Maltese vegan dishes and the prices are very good! I will come more often here during my trip on Malta!

Pros: directly allocated on Malta, very good price-quality ratio!!, Maltese vegan dishes

Late night saviour in Valletta - Edit

With very few vegan friendly places in Valletta, and even fewer open into the evening, Gugar was a welcome oasis for a late evening snack. Fine dining it is not, but a selection of decent vegan options with a friendly chilled out vibe. What's not to like?

Pros: Vegan food, Late opening, Chilled hangout bar

Cons: Not a massive choice, Smallish portions

Tasteless but cheap - Edit

The prices are reasonable, the place is interesting, the staff is happy but they didn't clean our table. The wrap and the sandwich we had were really tasteless and disappointing. I can't say I can call it a healthy food place since I got potato chips snacks with my wrap which was obviously being made with these ready wraps they sell in the supermarkets that are full of E ingredients.

Heaven :) - Edit

In spite of not being fully vegan, this place deserves 5 stars :)
We loved the food, the smoothies and the cakes :)
The peanut butter-coffee smoothie is heaven :) I needed a second one right after having the first one :)
We loved the books everywhere, we found some interesting ones that we now want to find and buy :)
and they sold great quality burning sticks... We bought half of the stock they had while visiting the last time...
Prices were good, menu was nice and varied, staff was very very friendly, and place felt great :)
I wish we lived closer to Gugar, not 2 000 miles away :)

Pros: Food, Atmosphere, Staff

Really great place - Edit

The food here had so much taste. I love the nice addition of crisps on the side of the place. I loved the books everywhere, I certainly grabbed a through to glance through during the meal. Prices were good, menu was nice and varied, staff was friendly, and place felt happening. We tried coming back no less than 3 times but everytime it was closed as they are only open in the evenings

Pros: Delicious food, nicely laid out, Varied menu, Well priced

Cons: Opening hours, A bit out of the way, for Valletta, Only diner

My favourite vegan place on the island! - Edit

I love Gugar. They offer vegan smoothies, cake, burgers, falafel wraps and more. The atmosphere is relaxed and the service is great!

Pros: food, location, service

Cons: Not everything is vegan, Can get very busy

Return to Valletta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gugar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.