GubGub's Vegan Kitchen

Contact 098-9569004

410, Toya, Yomitan-son Nakagami-gun, Okinawa-ken, Yomitan, Japan, 904-0305

読谷村都屋 serves vegan food with dishes like cheeseburgers, meatball sub, pizza, and Okinawan food like tacorice. Open Mon 11:30am-9:00pm, Wed-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Japanese

First Review by VictoriaGarafola

Great Vegan Burgers - Edit

I had the vegan cheese burger set with cold slaw for dinner at GubGub's, and would say it was a success! Although definitely classifiable as vegan "junk" food (meaning it was pretty oily and not particularly healthy), I felt it did a great job at fulfilling its purpose. It would be a good place to take non-vegan friends for lunch or a casual night-out.

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-04

Pros: Affordable, Great vegan "junk" food, Casual fun atmosphere

Cons: Too oily

Amazing!!! Delicious Eats!!! - Edit

I only wish we'd gone sooner in our stay

We ordered the teriyaki pizza, the teriyaki burger, and the cheese burger. All of them were delicious. The curry sauce that is served with the fries is SO good!

I mention limited parking as a con, but that's par for the course in Japan and only listed because there's a star next to it and I can't leave a review without listing a con.

Love to GubGub's! Great vegan eats!

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Parking is Limited

Holy - Edit

During my stay in Tokyo I had commited sins not even the Prophet himself could forgive. The meat from beheaded mermaid fishes and tormented cows had been placed against my tongue and sunk into my stomach. Due to these deadly sins, I made my way to Okinawa to seek answers.

After a nice and relaxed stay at one of many beautiful beaches in Okinawa, I stumbled across a small building. My body suddenly felt a sense of attachment as I ran my hands against the walls of the building. My heart throbbed and my fingers tingled. This was God.

As I entered the building, church music rang in my ears. I began seeing rays of light beaming from the Okinawan art as it glowed against my body. Before I knew it, a priest was before my eyes (the chef). His arms raised and he said to me "Welcome my son". He handed me the bible (the menu) and sat me down. At this moment I knew it was happening. I was about to be cleansed of my sins. I said "Father, I've commited sins that no man alive has ever commited. I feel like there is no more hope in this world". The priest shook his head with a grateful smile. He replied "My son, god will always forgive, now please turn to the page I bookmarked".

I ordered a cheeseburger combo with a side of chips. When the priest (the chef) placed the chips and the sauce before me, every time I dipped the chips in the sauce felt like a baptism. Each potato fry was being gently dipped into the holy water (sauce). I didn't even know this place was vegan tbh but literally you have no idea. It was good

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-13

Pros: Excellent food, Nice vibe, Good portion

The highlight of my Okinawan holiday - Edit

After reading some pretty positive things about Gubgubs, namely it's cheeseburger, I knew we had to make time for it before we left Okinawa. I can confirm that it was one of the best burgers I've had, and I've had many whilst living in Sydney. I ordered the DoLittle Cheeseburger Combo (¥1150)- the "beef" patty is incredible, cheese oozes out with every bite and the bun is soft and buttery. The fries are perfectly crunchy with an addictive dipping sauce that I happily drank. I also grabbed a Loco Moco Rice to go which had a similar beef patty, a very realistic egg replica all doused in chilli and spices. I had to make an account just to rave about this experience and I'll be counting down the days till I return and get to try the rest of their menu.
Vegan or not, this is definitely a place to visit simply for its amazing food and service.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-13

Pros: Quality of food, Friendly staff, Good value

Amazing!!! - Edit

I created an account just to upload the menu and rave about this place. The food was incredible, the atmosphere was great. The owner was friendly, spoke fluent English, and was very knowledgable. He even collects donations to donate to a local rescue organization. Can't recommend this place enough. Absolutely wonderful.

Pros: everything. great food, reasonable priced. Bilingu

Cons: nothing.

Return to Yomitan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GubGub's Vegan Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.