CLOSED: GT Organics Cafe

03-3529064

Unit 7, 478 Cranford St, Christchurch, New Zealand

GT organic grocery market opened a cafe onsite in Nov 2014 (formerly Sayings Cafe). Featuring a deli cabinet, salad bar and juice bar, and menus for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Casual contemporary atmosphere. Easy access by bus or park in front. Confirmed closed, Jul 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Yolanda

Love this place! - Edit

I've never had a sit down meal in the cafe but I regularly come here for the cabinet food, coffee and grocery items as I work nearby. They often have awesome specials on fruit & vege too, like $1 organic bananas.

Pros: Lots of vegan treats, Great range of grocery items, Friendly staff

The best vegan/organic coffee - Edit

Had a wonderful breakfast with my daughter, and drank the best vegan/organic cappuccino, ever! The people working here are super friendly and always make us feel welcome! Cheers! :D

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-04

Pros: Vegan, Organic, Great coffee

Cons: Vegetarian customers

Lovely desserts - Edit

I had lunch at Sayings Cafe with friends. Lots of vegan food and all vegetarian. Very friendly staff. The best thing I had was the dessert - a raw caramel pie with coconut ice cream, and I got to choose the flavour! At only $7.50 I think this really is a bargain. There were smoothies too and lots of salads. I had a tofu in apricot sauce with wild rice and a salad for $18 and my companions had the sausages with gravy and roasties for the same price. Very helpful staff and nice dining area. Good to be able to eat and get your grocery shopping afterwards.
Updated from previous review on Saturday November 15, 2014

October 2015
I went for lunch today. Don't know if it is my imagination but it seems to be less great for vegans and overall a lot more pricey. They still have some raw vegan desserts. The savoury vegan options are basically bowls of beans or soup. I ordered vegan nachos but got a bowl of very sloppy beans, more like a soup, with corn chips and a small spoonful of cashew mayo in the middle. I paid a dollar more to have the vegan option which was exactly the same as the non vegan option minus the cheese. So basically it cost more to have less! It really wasn't a great dish at all and cost $20 for very basic ingredients and no cooking skills. There was one vegan option for the salad and I wish I had just had that instead because at least it looked interesting. I don't think they understand vegan food. I doubt I will go back.

Pros: great vegan desserts, modern environment, you can buy groceries at the same locati

Cons: not central, too many beans, expensive for what it is

Return to Christchurch Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: GT Organics Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.