First Review by MonaMarie

Good gelato - Edit

Visited this place yesterday, on a very hot afternoon. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly although I think I accidentally tested her patience by saying I liked chocolate gelato after she's just said only the fruit flavours are vegan (oops!). Think there is a chocolate sorbet that might be vegan but this would need checking.

Opted for fig and peach flavours, both very tasty. Didn't establish if cones are vegan (looks like topped with chocolate, possibly dark chocolate but didn't check as went with cup instead). Sat in Piazza del Campo to eat it in the sunshine but there are seats inside the shop if you want shade.

Of note, not sure where the picture was taken, but definitely not this branch! Think there are other places to try for more vegan options if you don't mind walking a little bit further (Siena is small so nothing is too far away).

Pros: Fruity flavours , Staff spoke good English

Cons: No chocolate/coffee/vanilla flavours are vegan

good ice cream but unfriendly staff - Edit

We went to Grom in Lucca before. The ice cream was good. Vegan flavours include only fruits though but the taste was good. But in this store in Siena the staff was very unfriendly. We did not wait in like exactly behind the cash point (apparently that is customary in Italy) so when it would have been our turn, the lady served the next person waiting instead and we would have had to go to the end of the line to be served. We ended up leaving without ice cream.

Pros: chart with vegan flavours clearly marked, good taste

Cons: no vegan label at the ice cream itself, unfriendly staff, vegan flavours include only fruits

Return to Siena Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grom closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.