Grocery Outlet

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 510-666-0670

2001 4th St (at University Ave), Berkeley, California, USA, 94710

A deeply-discounted store carries name-brand products which vary since it is an outlet for overstocks. Always offers fresh organic greens, a wide selection of vegan milks, soy yogurt, silken tofu, cereal, granola, frozen veggies, vegan canned goods, eco-friendly products and much more. On top of the usual bargains, there's a 10% senior discount on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays from 8am-12pm. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by Lski48

Don't care about the stigma, I love the Gross Out! - Edit

I love Grocery Outlet for unhealthy vegan things I usually wouldn't buy because they're too expensive, and for lots of other stuff. Actually, I'm kind of hesitant to tell you about it because the So Delicious ice cream usually runs out too quickly when they have it already. I get huge bags of dry beans to cook here, as well as other staples like rice and organic carrots and bananas and they have other assorted organic fresh veggies. Sometimes they have non-dairy yogurt and sometimes they have non-dairy cream cheese. Sometimes they have that vegan burrito meal made by Amy's. There are usually Oreos and just all kinds of vegan junk food: salsa, chips, peanut butter, seaweed snacks. Plenty of non-dairy milk, though usually not the kind I want (unsweetened, highly fortified, organic). Random high-end cereals and granolas that are vegan and really cheap. Jars of really great olives.

I guess there is like a stigma attached to shopping at "The Gross Out" but I don't care, I love it.

Cheap stuff!! - Edit

They have a lot of Organic cheap things that you would buy at whole foods for double the price. Other than that the rest of the food is not the best. But I'm all about saving money while getting organic vegan products.

Return to Berkeley Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grocery Outlet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 611 times since Nov 2013.