Grinning Face

• Other Other
    ( 1 review )
+1-416-920-4444

540 Parliament St, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M4X 1P6

Makes coconut-based, non-dairy gelato, using egg but also offers vegan varieties. Open Fri-Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

1 Review

First Review by andreajane

andreajane

Points +47

10 Jun 2018

Disappointed; not much here for vegans - Edit

The vegan ice cream was okay, but not worth the trip. They showed up in a google search for vegan ice cream, so I was very disappointed to visit and see that they use eggs in their ice cream.
They just had two vegan flavours: chocolate and another chocolate. And they are only available in little tubs in the freezer -- not with the other ice cream that they scoop and can have on cones. (They also only have those tiny tester spoons... I guess it made my tiny tub look bigger in comparison).
I'm not sure why they use eggs. There are so many great vegan ice cream recipes, why bother? It just alienates a ton of people.
It was also expensive. $21 for my tiny tub and two cones for others. I could have bought three tubs of vegan Haagen-Dazs for that price.
I would love to give them another chance, but definitely not returning as long as they use eggs.

Pros: at least they offer some vegan ice cream

Cons: They use eggs... Why?, expensive, ice cream was just okay

Comment avatar

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Grinning Face closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.