Contact 207-288-2326

30 Rodick St, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA, 04609

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery with Southwestern feel, art on the walls, and kid-friendly. Menu includes several vegetarian burritos which be made with tofu as an option and without cheese for vegans. Also has a smoothie menu with soymilk choice. Confirmed open, June 2014. Open Mon-Tue 11:00am-9:00pm, Thu-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Take-out, Mexican, Southwestern American, Non-veg

First Review by KellyNaturally

burrito wraps contain whey :( - Edit

The staff was really friendly and accommodating. They do serve tofu and many other vegan options. But the tortillas contain whey so if you're vegan you can't have a burrito. That was very disappointing but I'm happy the staff knew enough to warn me.

Creative, tasty burritos - Edit

All of the burritos can be made vegan by simply asking to take out the cheese and/or sour cream. Our server was kind of enough to all us to substitute jalapeños for cheese without additional cost. I had the Thai burrito which was very unique. It had rice, black beans, roasted veggies, jalapeños, with a peanut sauce. This place is a nice grab and go restaurant with outdoor seating. Highly recommend.

Left before ordering - Edit

We went to Gringos with our family hoping for a vegan burrito dinner. Instead we found piles of garbage outside and a really filthy looking kitchen inside. Needless to say, we left before ordering and went somewhere else.

An Informal and tasty meal - Edit

We sat outside to eat and watched the people traffic. You order the food inside at the counter and they bring the food to you. We started with nachos and salsa. I had the Mexiterraneo with tofu and it filled the spot and went well with Corona. I did not see anything that I could have eaten for dessert.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 01, 2013

Pros: Good tofu, Informal and friendly

decent burritos with lots of vegan options - Edit

We've gotten take-out from Gringos the past few years. It is always solid and they offer lots of vegan choices. You can basically get anything on the menu made vegan by adding veggies, spinach, and/or tofu. My husband gets the burrito and I like the taco salad with tofu. It's not too expensive and there are lots of vegan choices! It could be more flavorful but overall it's pretty good.

Vegan Accomodating - Edit

Filling burritos made with three types of beans, rice, veggies w/tofu available. Awesome assortment of homemade salsas. Super-friendly staff, helpful w/dietary requests. Casual atmosphere - perfect for kids.

Pros: Tasty food, Good prices

Return to Bar Harbor Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Gringo's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1858 times since Aug 2012.