Griddle 145

• Veg-friendly
Contact 610-351-9898

1146 MacArthur Rd, Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA, 18052

Serves meat, vegan options available. Diner with a fun atmosphere serves mostly breakfast type foods with several vegan choices, including coconut banana french toast, no huevos rancheros, and a tofu scramble. Soy milk is available.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Non-veg

First Review by stonecat

let down - Edit

On our way our of the Lehigh valley we stopped at Griddle 145 for breakfast, which seemed to be the only breakfast place listed. There were tons of cars in the lot, so we thought the place must be good. We ordered the coconut banana french toast and the no huevos rancheros. First, all the condiments (and I would guess the guac too) come in individual packaged containers, this isn't good for the environment. The french toast was a big let down, I have made a coconut and banana french toast at home and it turned out incredible, perhaps my expectations were too high. There was a coating of shredded coconut on the outside of the bread and some banana slices on top, but the bread was basically thick toast. French toast is meant to be soaked in a batter for hours so it can get creamy, this was dry and flavorless. The No Huevos was decent enough, but the guac seemed like it came out of a bag. If we return to the Lehigh valley I would hope they can improve or another breakfast spot pops up.

Pros: clearly labeled on the menu

Cons: nothing exciting, packaged condiments

Breakfast and mimosas - Edit

Ah breakfast, the bane of vegan eating out, but Griddle 145 takes care of that. Always at least three options, coconut french toast and no huevos rancheros being my top two. Friendly staff, clean place and complimentary mimosas for brunch, not too shabby! The lunch menu is a little lack lustre on the vegan end of things, but definitely a yes for breakfast/brunch!

Veg B-fast Options - Edit

I went here for breakfast and tried the no huevos rancheros. The service was very good. The portions are very generous. The guacamole was delicious but the potatoes lacked seasoning. I was also disappointed to see no vegan options on the lunch menu. I would like to go back and try the banana French toast which was another vegan choice.

Pros: Friendly Service, Vegan Breakfast Options

Cons: No Vegan Lunch Options

Return to Allentown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Griddle 145 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1893 times since Aug 2013.