GreenSpace Cafe

Contact 248-206-7510

215 W 9 Mile Rd (at downtown), Ferndale, Michigan, USA, 48220

A more upscale, plant-based cuisine restaurant and cocktail bar. Uses non-gmo ingredients. Accepts reservations for parties of 6 or more. Est. Dec 2015. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:30pm, Sun 11:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion

First Review by sporkna

Amazing - Edit

I am so happy I chose this restaurant to be my first veg-restaurant experience. I've been vegan for 2 years and finally ventured out. I also have medical issues, so did not have high hopes for a selection to meet my needs. Walking into a restaurant that didn't smell of dead animals and walking past plates with only plants on them was perfect. The menu clearly highlights which plates have oil, nuts, sugar, and other allergy-type ingredients and lets you know when certain menu items that do have these ingredients can be made without. Because of this, I had a few good options to choose from and was confident my plate would be made without my allergins. I chose a korean-style bowl and it was delicious. More so, it was like the vegan plates I make at home, but with more flavor. It's the first meal-out that I've had in 2 years that actually felt like a "real meal". At the end of dinner, we had a discussion with the waiter, who has been veg 17 years. He informed us of all the local veg restaurants, including a local bakery, ending with this website that I was unaware of. My experience was the much needed, positive vegan experience in a world that is not so vegan friendly.

Pros: Excellent food, Low-fat, healthy options, Good atmosphere

Cons: Needs low-fat dessert options

Great food, but... - Edit

Places like this are a bit of an enigma to me. It thinks it's in New York City. And maybe it could be. Fantastic quality, teensey portions, high prices, and upscale atmosphere. I went there for the first time while in town for the weekend. The atmosphere is nice, though I couldn't even come close to being able to read the menu - too dark. I ordered the Tamale pie as an entree and was was somewhat staggered when they brought it out on its tiny plate. This was almost surely the smallest entree I've ever been served. And it came with nothing - no bread, salad, or the like. The flavors and preparation, though, were first rate. I had a tart cherry kombucha with it - not sure if they make it on site or not, but it was great. And dessert was a chocolate tart - also wonderful but small and expensive. For those who are willing to pay for the atmosphere (and like it - it's not really my cup of tea, but that's just me) and the great food and don't need or aren't looking for big portions, go for it. Would I go back? I wouldn't mind, but I'd probably go to Om Cafe instead - a totally different vegan option. Again, it's largely a matter of personal preference as to style, etc. There's a place for restaurants like GreenSpace Cafe - and I'm glad they exist, and promote healthy, well-prepared, creative, and tasty vegan cuisine.

Pros: great menu and organic, perfectly prepared food

Cons: tiny portions, expensive, too dark to read the menu

Chic, upscale ambiance & most amazing vegan food - Edit

This place blew me away. Delicious, creative entrees. The decor and ambiance including the bar area is upscale, edgy and even a little sexy. The food was amazing. The cashew-based cheese board (altho u don't get much cheese) was fantastic and a great starter. Everything I had was delicious and didn't resemble the bland hippy food I have previously associated vegan food with. Even though it's a decent sized restaurant, the place was packed, and it's no surprise. This is the place to take your omnivore friends to when you want to prove how amazing vegan food can be. I wish this place would open up in Ann Arbor. People would go crazy for it.

Pros: ambiance , incredible food, date night perfect

Cons: not cheap

Put this place on your bucket list. - Edit

I was not prepared for this place. I was expecting another fine vegan restaurant, but not an upscale one in the Detroit Metro area. Everything you would like in a fine dining experience is here. To say that the food is delicious, is a gross understatement. Expect to pay more for your food here, but don't expect to get more food. Instead, expect to have your taste buds experience nirvana. You're paying for food you can't beat anywhere else. It's not necessary to explain the menu. Just look at the presentation of the dishes being set in front of your fellow patrons while you wait. You won't wait long, but it will seem like it. You'll understand.

Gourmet Vegan - Edit

This is a great, upscale vegan restaurant with a nice atmosphere. Like most fine dining experiences, the dishes are smaller, but presented very well and absolutely delicious. We understand that they vary their many periodically, but we had the Root Vegetable Fondue, Wild Mushroom Tacos, and Sweet Potato Gnocchi. The fondue was handcrafted from cashews; there will be no Daiya found at this restaurant. Of the three dishes, the Wild Mushroom Tacos were the best, but all dishes were tasty. For dessert we had an Avocado Chocolate Pudding, which was one of the best desserts we've ever had, and the Chocolate Cake. Though we didn't partake, the restaurant also has a full bar with vegan friendly liquor and beer. Highly recommend.

Pros: Unique Gourmet Vegan Experience, Great Atmosphere, Full Bar

Welcome Addition to Vegan Dining in Metro Detroit - Edit

We enjoyed our meal at the Cafe - the food was tasty and the service was accommodating. The entrees were excellent however the portions were small especially in comparison to other vegan dining choices in the area - entrees are what would be considered "small plates".

Pros: creative menu, pleasant wait staff

Cons: small portions

fantastic upscale vegan restaurant - Edit

I ordered the Forest Mushroom Slider ($7) and the Root Vegetable Fondue ($10). Both were totally delicious. If you're a big eater like me, two plates is about the right amount of food. Pretty much everything, including the bread, is made at the restaurant. They have a full bar with nice bartenders. The place has a nice ambience and is already looking pretty popular only a week after their grand opening.

Return to Ferndale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GreenSpace Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2074 times.