Greens Vegetarian Cafe

Contact 07855837366

Albert St (at Old Oxford House), Hebden Bridge, England, HX7 8AH

Organic vegetarian cafe serving food, fresh juices, cakes, and drinks. Vegan and gluten free items are marked. BYO. Formerly The Veggie Cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Take-out, British, English

First Review by feorag

I'll be back - Edit

Been here a few times now and the food is lovely. Its so nice to be able to eat out and get desert too! Even my blinkered carnivorous cousin was pleasantly surprised once she got stuck in!

Pros: Great Food, Lovely atmosphere, Local - ish

Cons: Not enough cake!

Great food/prices, shame about bone china :( - Edit

Enough vegan options, tasty food, very reasonably priced. However, my tea was served in a cup/saucer made from bone china. I didn't request a different mug to avoid being awkward, but my partner and I really felt that serving bone china in a vegetarian/vegan establishment is odd.

Pros: Good vegan menu, Reasonably priced, Pleasant atmosphere

Cons: Serve tea in bone china cups/saucers

Good friendly cafe - Edit

Greens is a nice veggie cafe that is very vegan friendly in the savoury dept (not so many vegan options amongst the sweets and cakes). The fresh juices are great and they use local and organic produce when possible.
Hebden Bridge is a small town yet it has two veggie cafe's and two health food shops so unless you want to eat out late its a good place to visit food wise!

Pros: Vegan friendly and friendly, Not expensive, Central (ha ha!)

Cons: closes in afternoon, Not all vegan, Late is a relative term!

Splendid. - Edit

Went here a couple of days ago it's a lovely place with lots of choice. I had tofu sandwich with Russian caravan tea and my partner had falafel with mint tea, we shared flapjack for desert. The food was high quality, my bread was home made, brimming with sunflower seeds and a gorgeous malty taste. The flapjack was the best I've ever had. The staff were knowledgeable and attentive, smartly turned out too.

Pros: wide choice, large vegan selection

Good Cake - Edit

Both the evening meals and the lunches are lovely here and there is always delicious vegan cake in the day and at least one vegan pudding in the evenings.

Pros: Cake, Puddings, Good food

Cons: Could be open more days

Superb - Edit

This is a fabulous cafe during the day and a wonderful restaurant on Friday and Saturday nights. The food is mostly organic and freshly prepared. The cafe menu ranges from an excellent cappucino to a full lunch (make sure you leave room for a piece of cake!!) and the evening menu...well my husband who is not veggie said "when can we go back". It is also excellent value made even better as you can take your own wine. Great atmosphere - we are both looking forward to going back.

Good food - convivial - Edit

Lost of vegan options at this lovely place in a town with a very "alternative" vibe. Uses organic produce where possible and you can take your own wine. Soups, salads sandwiches and daily specials. On my visit I had a tapas plate - salad, soicy couscous, olives hummous, lemony/parsley pate and raw pumpkin seed pate with pitta bread. Desset was a lovely wholefoody apricot slice. Friendly owner.
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 16, 2010
Updated from previous review on Friday November 19, 2010

Pros: Wholefood, Vegan choice, Friendly

Cons: Not open Mon-Tues

Quaint veggie cafe - Edit

I have to thank my sister-in-law for telling me about this place, and we dropped in one lunchtime. The food is classic cafe fare: sandwiches, soups and breakfasts. We both went for the breakfasts - she for the veggie one; me for the vegan version, and we came out satisfied.

Pros: vegan breakfasts, inexpensive

Cons: a bit small, small menu

Return to Hebden Bridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greens Vegetarian Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2378 times since Apr 2008.