First Review by veganinvegas

My food was good - Edit

I got the raw "chicken" lettuce wraps and they were amazing!! I would try more of their raw foods next time I go. But my friend got the kale salad and said it was really bad and it made her sick. It looked gross. But the tofu fries are good and I got a pre-packaged vegan banana bread from the counter that was really good!

tofu fries love them - Edit

love the tofu fries option. philly cheese is the bomb... smoothies always been great. People and manager very accommodating to my milk allergy.

Pros: offers no dairy option, Organic options, open early

Cons: breads can be dry sometimes

Awesome Variety - Edit

Being the only Vegan in my household it is not easy finding a restaurant where everyone's tastes are met. Greens and Proteins provide a delectable variety of menu options for everyone.

While the food selections for those with allergies are limited it gives more options than the typical eat out joint in Vegas. There aren't too many places that have both Raw and Flesh items on their menu prepared separately.

Although technically it is located in Henderson I found the fact that it is right off of the freeway to be very convenient.

It is a bit on the pricey side. So be prepared.

Pros: Great Variety Delicious Food, Easy to get to, Friendly staff

Cons: Price, Not good for some food allergies, Very busy Call Ahead

Expensive, not suitable for those with food allergies!! - Edit

If you have food intolerances, especially to nuts this place is not for you. Their only non-dairy cheeses are made with nuts, which would be great to those without food sensitivities, but to those with them it leaves you with basically no options. Extraordinarily overpriced for what the food was. Not worth the trip.

Great Smoothies and a Few Raw Dishes - Edit

I have been going to Greens and Proteins since they opened and I really enjoy the food there. The menu is transparent - they tell you everything in the dish and even the caloric content, and the staff are always super nice. This is an order at the counter style place. I love the bright green chairs and wooden tables. It creates a chic, but rustic atmosphere. I feel totally comfortable hanging out here and studying for a few hours or catching up with friends.

I usually get a smoothie - and I like that you can choose your milk base - soy or almond. I usually go with the chocolate banana or the green smoothie. They are both so good! I do ask them to hold the sweetener (I think they use agave, honey or stevia depending on which drinK) but the fruit content in there makes it sweet enough for me. I also usually get the mock chicken wraps which are sunflower seed base wrapped up in a lettuce leaf. Totally delicious! They have a few other vegan dishes like pizza and even a create your own meal menu but I haven't had them. Overall, I really enjoy this place.

Pros: Smoothies, Staff, A few raw vegan choices

Not impressed - Edit

Had the teriyaki chicken wrap but made it vegan with tofu and lettuce wrap. What a waste of $10.99!

Lettuce (romaine I think) was very tough and hard, simply wrapped around a bunch of tofu (looked like the tofu fries before being breaded and cooked). Not wrapped at all so all the filling fell out as soon as I picked it up. The tofu was supposed to be marianated, but it certainly wasn't. When I marinate tofu in teriyaki sauce, it absorbs the marinade and turns brown. G&P's tofu was still white and flavorless. Supposed to include cukes and something else. Nothing but a lettuce leaf, flavorless tofu and sauce (which dripped all over the plate).

Return to Henderson Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greens and Proteins closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2103 times since Apr 2012.