First Review by vegan_ryan

Small diner - Edit

Quite a nice small diner / snack place with lotsa hamburgers but also potato salad, numerous lemonades and a fridge with vegan food to prepare at home.

Excellent tiramisu, nobody can tell the difference from the real thing, never had that before.

Good burgers, excellent french fries from real potatoes.

Not a hippie love & peace place -- I saw mostly tattooed younger persons (including staff) who were on the cool side.

Nobody in the restaurant is interested in the ingredients -- allegedly, "all" does not contain garlic which is not true at all (i.e., all two burgers i tasted contained garlic).

Close to tourist spot 'Kramerbruecke'; tram station just 10 seconds away.

And yes, as another reviever mentioned: the air inside shows it's a hamburger diner ;)
Updated from previous review on Tuesday November 24, 2015

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 25, 2015

Pros: Good Burgers, excellent fries, Fantastic tiramisu, Very close to tram station

Cons: Staff seemed a little tired; no problem, Nobody knows what may contain garlic, Garlic in "no garlic" food

Not impressed - Edit

GreenRepublic offers a good choice of vegan burgers and the chips are good. However, your clothes will smell for days after you have eaten there and if you eat an entire burger and small portion of chips, you will have eaten enough fat for the rest of the month! I guess that is to be expected from a burger place but I was naive and thought that because it is a vegan place, it might be a bit different. It looked (and tasted) like the burgers were frozen ready-made products. As you tell, I wasn't much impressed...
Updated from previous review on Monday March 23, 2015

Pros: Open every day til late, Good chips, Friendly staff

Cons: Frozen products, Very high fat content, Very average burger taste

One of the best vegan bistros I've seen - Edit

During my stay in Erfurt I went there for lunch a couple of days. They have a great selection of burgers and other healthy and fully vegan fast food. The cheeseburger is incredibly tasty – like everything else I tried at Green Republic. For all I know the patties and sauces are mostly home made. Apart of the burgers they sell delicious french fries, salad, Vöner (vegetarian doner kebab) and many more. They also have vegan cheese and cold cuts in stock, which is quite useful as only a few supermarkets in Erfurt sell these.
The staff is really friendly and helpful. They made me feel welcome every time and recognised me even though they have a lot of customers. I will stop at Green Republic for a bite to eat every time I'm in Erfurt.

Pros: tasty food, friendly staff, variety

your vegan place in Erfurt - Edit

Open 7 days a week all year this centrally located vegan fast food restaurant offers the typical burger & co options. Very friendly staff, tasty potatoes salad and tuna salad and tiramisu. :)
If you happen to be around the area you should go there. Worth the stop.

Tasty, cheap and friendly - Edit

Great experience here recently with my girlfriend and a friend of ours!

We showed up at 20:15, thinking that they closed at 21:00. They were already cleaning up, but my friend said we were from out of town and that he really wanted to take us here to eat, so they turned everything back on and made us some sandwiches. I had a salad and mock-chicken sandwich, and everything was really delicious.

The staff was super friendly, and it's awesome of them to make us food when arriving after they had closed.

Definitely recommend this place.

Pros: All-vegan, Super friendly

Return to Erfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has GreenRepublic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.