Greenlight Cafe & Bar

Contact 0956157230

3/28 Moo 1, Fisherman's Village, Bophut (at Elysia Resort), Koh Samui, Thailand, 84320

Serves meat, vegan options available. Resort restaurant offering healthy choices, including veggie wraps and salads, raw dishes and smoothies. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by SeitanSeitanSeitan

Food is okay - Edit

We ordered 'raw pad thai' and 'vegan pancaces' which were okay but bit too oily for us. They also sold kombucha which is a plus. Overall the selection was good for a vegan I guess but too expensive compared to taste or quality. The place though had nice and cosy vibes.

Pros: Nice vibe, Healthy selection

Cons: Expensive, Too oily

Veg-friendly haven in Fisherman's Village - Edit

Calm and beautiful open air cafe straight out of an Anthropologie catalog serving large menu of teas, coffees, fresh juices, smoothies, and Western vegan breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes (in addition to a few meat dishes). Menu items are expensive for Thailand (closer to Western prices) but include lots of fresh and raw veggies and high quality ingredients. Portion sizes are good. Staff speaks excellent English and are knowledgeable about veganism. Soothing music and babbling water in background. Vegan pancakes are delicious. Pumpkin hummus was superb. Greenlight bowl is filling and has nice blend of flavors. Vegan snickers bar obviously doesn't taste like the real thing but is scrumptious and all raw. Almond and soy milk available for coffee. Would give 5 stars if possible.

Pros: Wide vegan menu, Ambience, Raw, lots of fresh veggies

Cons: Expensive but worth it

Something for everyone! - Edit

Greenlight Cafe became a second home for my month in Samui. As other reviewers have stated, the prices are higher than some (not all) other places, but what you get is largely organic, locally sourced, fresh food put together creatively and with love. Worth every cent. After regular chats with Carol, we learnt about the time and devotion dedicated to providing quality ingredients (clearly evident in all dishes), and I can tell you they all work really hard at keeping standards high. My partner eats meat which there are plenty of options for, so we were both happy. So many veg and vegan options which is different to where I live and very much appreciated. My favourite meals are the gotu kola salad with added tofu, the baked squash with quinoa, the coconut chia smoothie, and the pina coladas (as made by Goati - sorry for spelling - AND Anastasia!!). Great music and great space too - very relaxing and comfortable. We were both absolutely enamoured with the enchanting chef Chit (sorry for spelling?). Awesome food, atmosphere, wait staff, now ex-host, management, awesome everything. Thank you all so much for making my heart and belly feel so good!!!!!!!! HC wont let me give 5 stars but I would give it 100% if it were up to me.

Pros: Food, atmosphere, staff - everything!

Relaxed atmosphere with delicious vegan options - Edit

While staying in Koh Samui we dinned her on several occasions as it is one of the few restaurants in Bophut beach serving vegan options. Staff have always been very friendly, polite and are happy to have a chat. The menu consists of many options for vegans and vegetarians also featuring raw options. All of our meals have been well presented, fresh and produced with good quality ingredients. Prices tend to be higher but you get what you pay for which is delicious healthy meals.

Pros: Large selection of vegan / vegetarian options, Staff are very friendly, Nice atmosphere

Cons: a bit pricey compared to other places in the area

Hmmm.... - Edit

To be honest I won't be rushing back to this place any time soon. They do serve healthy food with brown rice (which I love) but I found some of the flavors a bit odd. I had the Greenlight rice bowl and there was something in it that was just weird. It has falafel balls that were very dry and it just didn't seem to work very well. It was almost like all of the things in the rice bowl didn't go together. To make matters worse it was almost 400Bhat which is $12 USD for a bowl of rice in Asia that is a lot of money. Total rip off.
To make matters worse, they had some girls singing badly in the cafe and when it was over they came over to out table to ask for a donation when I declined she started pestering me! Not cool...

Having said all of that, the staff were very kind and helpful.

Pros: Nice staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: weird food, Totaly over priced

Delicious food, amazing flavours - Edit

This place was a pleasant surprise. We thought it was just a another juice bar with some raw food, but we were so wrong. Everything were so delicious and innovative! And vegan options are huge and not just raw food. We had daikon pesto rolls, greelight wrap and DIY bowl (Build your nourish bowl), and everything was so tasty. Flavours were awesome, I would give 5 stars if it would be possible (not possible with restaurant serving meat). And the owner and the chef were lovely too, we had a chat about the island, about vegan food and got some recommendations. We would definitely go back.

Greenlight Cafe 08 May 2016 - Thank you so much for that lovely review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed our food and services.

Have a great day and see you hopefully soon again at Greenlight
Cafe.

Best Regards

Kevin Nowak
Manager Greenlight Cafe

Return to Koh Samui Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greenlight Cafe & Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.