First Review by Gilly L

Great Food - Edit

I was here with my hubby yesterday for lunch. We had the buffet and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We were served hummingbird soup for appetizer, 4 different veges, spicy gravy (kara kuzhambu), ladies finger sambar, rasam, curd rice, lemon rice and white rice. For dessert we had cut fruits, rice payasam and vadai.
I even asked for a bigger bowl for payasam and the staff obliged with a smile.
On the contrary to the other reviews, I felt that the staff were friendly and engaging.
I would definitely return to try their tiffin items.

Pros: Great tasting food at affordable prices, Obliging staff

Cons: tucked away from the main road (Serangoon road)

awesome, healthy food; but really unfriendly staff - Edit

Went there on a weekda around 6:30pm, only 4 other guests in the whole restaurant. Staff ignored me for like 5/10 minutes, did not even bring me a menu or something. I already wanted to go again when finally someone came. Quite a no-go for me. Also when I ordered and later paid, staff was really rude and unfriendly!
Food however was awesome! I had the masala dosa which was amazing, ordered it without ghee (so vegan) and it was crisp, but not too oily. Stuffed with the most flavourful potatoes and with four amazing amazing "sauces" to dip. I eat dosa quite frequently in Malaysia, but this one was one a whole new level. $3,50 was also quite a bargain as it was big and had lots of potatoes inside.
Ginger tea for $1,50 was nice too.
Please provide a better service and I wouldn't hesitate to give 5stars! Food is on top!

Uniquely Good - Edit

I happened on this place randomly one evening and it was a very nice surprise. It's not your standard Indian fare. It uses a lot of the regular spices, but it doesn't have the crazy amount of oil that's usually present in typical Indian food. I admit that I wasn't familiar with all of the dishes on the menu, but everything I ordered was great. If you want something fresh, healthy and uniquely delicious; this place is for you.

Pros: Unique, Affordable

Excellent Discovery - Edit

We came across this place by chance, having intended on going to 1 of 3 well reviewed places nearby, we took a flyer from someone that looked like he needed help in getting rid of them and we were very glad that we did. We ended up going on both of our last 2 days in Singapore and had 3 dishes which we'd never tried before, with maximum enthusiasm from the manager and an emphasis on healthy food, including not re-using cooking oil and using some out of the ordinary ingredients & herbs, with a good range of gluten free options. Competitive prices.

Beautiful teas and healthy drinks too, particularly the ginger tea.
Service can be a bit on the slow side but only because they're not trying to hard sell another dish.

We'd love to have this as our regular Indian cafe/restaurant. Opened in 2015 and hopefully gets the custom that it deserves.

Pros: Excellent Food, Some hard to find meals, Friendly

Cons: Service could be a bit quicker

Really good - Edit

A delightful place. The staff were great and helped us with what to order. Simple and tasty meals made with care. We had chapatti and two dosa between two. The ginger tea was the perfect end to a lovely and inexpensive meal.

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greenleaf Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.