First Review by +++VeGaNiSaToR+++

Great Food, cold staff - Edit

We had two very nice dishes here. As the staff doesn't speak English and liked to ignore ous it was a bit hard to order. You have to fill out a form (in chinese only but you can have a funny translated version), bring it to the counter, pay, grab tea and wait for the food to be served to your table.
We had a interesting dinner 😁

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-28

Pros: Great Food

Cons: Hard to order

I wanted to give it 5 stars - Edit

I've had lunch there with my husband two times now it was interesting.

The place is clean, literally green and with a nice atmosphere. There was a lot of variety in food, the big burger, bolognese pasta and pumpkin soup were great, not sure if 100% vegan though, tasty, professional and in big portions. The veggie curry is ok, could be improved. The star is the vegan burger and the steak- no fake meat but yum! 100% VEGAN, big sizes and tastier than anything!

As others have said, it might not be a good experience if you are not accompanied by an Chinese speaking person. The staff doesn't speak English and their menu translation sucks.

Now the bad part: they closed the lights on us and hurried us to get out as soon as it turned 2 pm. This was done by the OWNER! They have to correct their attitude. 4 stars to motivate them, we'll see next time.

Pros: cheap, tasty and variety of food, the best burger and steak in the country

Cons: no English spoken, no pictures of the food, no vegan deserts

Absolute bargain! - Edit

This was a great find! The place is modern and clean and busy with locals...I'd go before 6pm if you can, as the locals flood in after that so it gets busy and they'll have less time to deal with you (if you can't read/speak Chinese I mean!).

They immediately sat us and gave us a phone with translations on...Bit difficult to navigate, but it in the same order as the menu so just takes five mins to scroll through and pair it up with what's listed.
Some of the translations are hilarious, one was named 'larry's boiled vegetables' and 'smelly bowel' amongst other funny things, haha.
Being vegan, we had to take a bit of a gamble on it. They speak little english so I showed them our 'no egg, no milk' paper and she said the curry chicken was ok for us, so we had that. I assume it was vegan, but i guess with mock meats you can never be 100%.
If you're strict/fussy, she said 'we can do rice with vegetables' to help us...I think they know the translations aren't great.

The curry chicken was great- I don't like spicy, so it was a nice curry and not a huge portion! It comes with rice, and for $80 is a steal in my opinion!!
I also tried the miso soup which was really nice and simple for $30.

We came back the following night and just ordered the same, great food, great price and really place to eat!

for dinner is the best option in town - Edit

We have eaten there twice in a few days. Food is lovely, fresh, well seasoned and cheap. They have set meals, small and big, but they are happy to arrange some variations here and there, if requested.
Very few english spoken, but I think that for dinner is the best option in town.

Pros: nice setting and location, huge menu, tasty food

Cons: almost no english spoken

Fantastic food for a little effort - Edit

We ate here twice in a row it was so good. The first night they only offered us a Chinese menu to order with, luckily the neighbouring table took pity on us and helped us order dumplings & a delicious spicy tofu dish. The second night a different waitress was on who gave us some sort of tablet device in a cartoon character cover that had English translations of the menu. We used this to locate the items we wanted (Vege claypot, mushroom hot pot and won tons) and filled out the order sheet accordingly. This was heaps of food for two people and incredibly fresh and delicious. I would definitely recommend this place, but don't expect English speaking staff.

Pros: Fresh delicious food

Cons: A little difficult to order

Return to Hualien Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Land closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1572 times since Oct 2011.