First Review by Amada

the best fries and ketchup - Edit

The magic ketchup is seriously delicious. I don't know what they do to it but it's amazing. The shiitake fries are incredible. They have a couple of vegan options my favorite is the black bean burger. No vegan desserts.

Pros: ketchup!? is made of unicorns!???

Cons: no vegan desserts

Awesome find in the middle of chicken country. - Edit

I'm doing a college tour with a colleague, and we've been visiting schools around the US to meet and shoot video of young, African leaders striving to better their home countries.
When I saw U of Arkansas on the schedule I was like, "I'm gonna starve."
But knowing college campuses, I knew there'd at least be a burrito shop - or something - within drunken walking distance.
My trusty Happy Cow app found Greenhouse Grille, which the PR person at U of A suggested, too.
There are a few vegan items on the menu, but they're solid. The shitake mushroom fries are... holy crap. People describe them as being calamari-like. I've never had calamari, but I can tell you that they were ... awesome-like! Breaded, deep-fried goodness with a side of spicy ketchup.
I tried the black bean burger. Our server told me that US Foods just picked-up the recipe from them, so i was excited as hell to try it out. Meh. A bit dry.
It's typically served w/ provolone, but I'm vegan, so obviously that was out. The bummer part is that they didn't offer -- or don't have -- something to add some moisture to the dryish bean patty. I poured whatever sauce came with it on top and used the fresh lettuce -- which was lovely, btw -- and "salsa," and it was still a bit lackluster.
The drinks were great. I had a new fashioned, which is a play on the old fashioned. It was sweeter than I like my drinks, but it was sweet with fresh fruit; not some shit syrup out of a bottle, so it was actually kind of nice.
Their IPA is not bad. Not memorable, but not bad.
Overall, though, those friggin mushrooms alone are enough to bring me back to Arkansas.
The place is a little pricey for the area, but you have to consider the quality of what you're getting. My drink, beer, 1/2 of shrooms and burger were $30 with my generous tip.

Pros: mushroom fries... wow, good drinks, cool venue

Cons: a little pricey for the area, could use more vegan love

Delicious! - Edit

Had the the quinoa sauté and sweet potato fries. Wasn't sure what I'd find in Arkansas but was happy I stopped here.
Updated from previous review on Thursday June 06, 2013

Pros: Vegan Symbols In Menu, Trendy Environment , Good Portions

Cons: No vegan desserts

Worth Checking Out - Edit

The best thing about this place is that they have a symbol on the menu for if something can be made vegan. They also have symbols for vegetarian and gluten-free. There are quite a few options for vegans.

My husband and I had the delicious shiitake mushroom fries for an appetizer; they had great texture, and the portion was a decent size. The mushrooms were so substantial, it was almost like eating fried calamari (but way more delicious and way less gross).

I had the falafel; the pita was very nice and soft. My husband had the fried eggplant muffuletta with sweet potato fries; it arrived artfully arranged.

Our server was nice, and the food arrived quickly. The only negative thing about our experience was that we ordered the shiitake fries to be made vegan since they had the menu symbol of "can be made vegan" but we still received a dairy-based dipping sauce with our order. Next time I would just ask them to give us double their special spicy ketchup and keep the dairy dipping sauce since someone overlooked the fact that that sauce is not vegan.

I would eat here again!

Pros: good location and parking, nice, airy atmosphere, lots of vegan options

Cons: no vegan desserts, smallish portions

Best Veggie place in Fayetteville - Edit

There is not a vegetarian restauraunt in Fayetteville. The choices are slim there in the chicken capitol of the world, but the Little Bread Company and A Taste of Thai downtown are both good and not listed on Happycow yet. The best I've found in Fayetteville by far though is the Greenhouse Grill. Multiple menu items can be prepared vegetarian or vegan and are delicious. My favorites are the Quinoa & Vegetable Saute and the Grilled Portabello Pesto Pasta. They also have several good burgers (black bean or mushroom), sandwiches and salads.

Pros: New larger location=no more waiting, Food for carnivores too, Great flavor

Excellent! - Edit

The creative merging of flavors blew me away! Every dish that I tried was surprising in its combination of ingredients. Even my non-vegetarian friend was raving about the meal! It was the best vegetarian food that I've ever had.

Pros: excellent food, inviting, great service

Return to Fayetteville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greenhouse Grille closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2770 times since Aug 2007.