CLOSED: Greenhouse Factory Restaurant and Bar

Contact 07-55991112

1/74 Musgrave St, Coolangatta, Queensland, 4225

Vegan and gluten free restaurant and bar with an a-la-carte menu and organic cocktails. Features breakfast options like the raw trifle of fresh fruit or the vanilla cashew cream and raw granola. Try the midnight tapenade lentil braise on organic mashed potato with marinated mushroom and lightly steamed greens for dinner. Daily raw dessert menu is available. Has an industrial decor with recycled timber, vertical gardens and a large wrap around balcony overlooking the beach. Street parking. Confirmed closed, Mar 2016. Tue-Fri 11:00am-8:30pm, Sat 8:30am-8:30pm

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Maresy

Best vegan restaurant! - Edit

Fabulous healthy food, with great flavour combinations! Lots of interesting choices, a well thought out menu. Generous portions. Great atmosphere and location. I couldn't fault it, I'll be back :)

Burgers by the Sea - Edit

Amazing Sunday lunch for 2 , we were both starving and ordered the Greenhouse burgers. One on a home baked bun and the other between large mushrooms. They were served with chickpea fries and salsa with fresh salad. Very Delicious

Green-tastic! - Edit

What a superb experience. All of my expectations exceeded. It was a busy venue with great atmosphere and decor. The menu was extensive with plenty of raw options. I ordered a green juice and the Greenhouse burger. It was of epic proportions and I couldn't finish it, take away container was required. It came with these amazing sweet potato chips, I so wish I could purchase them to make at home. Amazing. My family members ordered the chick pea smash with cashew cheese and it was creamy deliciousness. The prices are more than reasonable when paired with the high quality and taste of the food. Can't wait to come back. We need one in Adelaide.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Extensive menu, Delicious food

Cons: Slightly funky smell (could be all the smoothies), Not enough staff at front of house, Long wait for lunch

Favourite place to eat - Edit

I have been vegan for over 20 years and this place is my favourite vegan restaurant.

The food is so beautifully presented, creative yummy options. The decor, location and lovely staff complement the fabulous food.

Great portion sizes.

Pros: Great variety of good, Food is art, Staff are fab

One of my favourite restaurants - Edit

Quality vegan food at a great location. This is definitely one of my favourite vegan restaurants of all time. I have eaten there at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Nice range of meals and they are decent servings, beautifully present and moderate prices. They also let you have dogs on the deck!
What more could you want!

Pros: The food is excellent., Lovely staff., Fantastic location

Perfect. - Edit

Amazing breakfast. All organic. Healthiest juices you'll ever have. Great indoor and outdoor seating showing the beach. Parking is pretty easier. Opening hours until really late are good, but I wish they were open earlier during weekdays so I can go in and get an early break- that would make my day!

Order the chickpea fries! They're usually not shown on the menu but they are most unique and tasty fries you will ever have. Not oily whatsoever, just filling- good for a snack or to share. Fairly salty so if you don't want that, just ask them to leave a bit off. Not a huge serving because they are very filling.

I always get either the hearty start or the French toast. They are both just.. perfect.

Pesto 'pasta' make out of zucchini is fanatic also.

Hot and cold drinks are all amazing. Recommend getting at LEAST one drink when you go there.

Pros: Amazing Breakfast/food, Huge selection of fantastic drinks, Best vegan place I've been to

Cons: Wish they were open earlier weekdays!

Even better than I'd hoped! - Edit

Finally got to go to this wonderful restaurant! The food was sublime and so hard to choose from the menu! I will definitely be back soon to try all the other dishes. Service was excellent - timely and friendly too. The location is also perfect, across from the beach. I would totally recommend this place!

Oh so good!!! - Edit

We had the smash avocado with quinoa & black beans, topped with fresh spinach & rocket, spiced beans, fried rosemary potatoes! We both thoroughly enjoyed our meal and will be back for dinner and breakfast again at some stage! Wish they were in Brisbane! Love eating so healthy, it tastes so good and NO guilt! Plant strong!

Pros: everything on the menu is vegan! , reasonably priced. We've paid the same & more at n, lots of variety!

Cons: It's not in Brisbane! :(

So perfect! - Edit

We found this gem on our last trip to the Gold Coast and were completely hooked! This time we went there three times in two days and loved it more and more each time. Amazing food, perfect service, aesthetically beautiful and super lovely energy.

Sydney vegan restaurants could learn a thing or two!

Needs Improvement - Edit

We visited The Greenhouse Factory last week for lunch. It is in a fantastic location on Kirra beach. Well decorated, friendly and helpful waitress who greeted us and explained the menu. It is a more expensive ($50 for two soft drinks and two meals) priced eatery than most vegetarian places but considering they use a lot of organic ingredients, I am happy to pay for quality. They were a little busy we waited about 30 mins for the food, which is fine with the view!!
But the food was very disappointing. I ordered Smashed avocado toast with, chips and house beans. One slice of burnt toast, house beans tasted like onion, beans and tinned tomatoes just mixed together. Very uninspired.
My husband ordered the burger with chic pea fries. It was tasteless, lacking any flavour, and texture. Chic pea fries were mushy and completely neutral in flavour. We couldn't eat it.
Both meals were in great need of balance of flavours, textures and love. The ingredients were almost all there but with no understanding of how to combine them. Just add a few spices, herbs dressing, and cooking techniques and it could be great.
I cook well, so maybe we are fussier than others, but sad to see this quality of food, when Green house Factory ticked all the other boxes.

Pros: Location, Service, Decor

Cons: Taste

This is by far the best healthy food I've had in so long. The breakfast menu is too good I didn't know what to do with myself! Banana and spinach pancakes were absolutely amazing and the staff were so pleasant. If anyone is deciding on a place to eat and you appreciate health food. You have to try this place!

Fantastic!!! - Edit

This is a new restaurant at Kirra Beach. The decor is calm and restful, the staff are excellent and the food is to die for. The menu is quite small but we have been three times now in groups of 4 and 5 and have eaten different things each time. Everything was beautifully served and absolutely delicious.

Pros: Great decor, Excellent service, Delicious food

Cons: The drinks are a little expensive.

So good - Edit

Popped in for the first time last night and the food was so so good! Their menu branches out quite a bit from the normal vegan menu, we ate entree, main and dessert. They were all amazing. If I can give any advice get the chickpea fries! Really nice staff and a great vibe there. We'll definitely be back!

Pros: Really great selection, Chickpea fries , Fully licensed and cheap Coronas

Amazing food and service - Edit

What an amazing place this is. From the friendly, professional service, to the truly creative and exceptional food, Greenhouse is a welcome cut above the usual! NOT to be missed if you are visiting the Coast. Extensive breakfast and lunch selections. All vegan and where applicable, made in house. Vegan Paradise!!!

Pros: Excellent beachfront location, Amazing food, Friendly, attentive staff with passion

Return to Coolangatta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Greenhouse Factory Restaurant and Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7749 times since Jan 2014.