Greendot - Westgate

3 Gateway Drive Westgate Building, Unit 01-06, West Singapore, Singapore, 608532

This one is located next to Jurong East MRT station; moved here Apr 2016. Serves a variety of local dishes like tom yum noodle, soya rendang, laksa, mushroom hotpot, as well bento set. Chinese name: 绿一点. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Singaporean

First Review by ouikouik

My go to restaurant - Edit

I go to platinum yoga at Westgate, and usually after if it's around lunch or dinner time I will dine at Greendot. It's affordable and although there aren't many vegan options I never get sick of their food.

Pros: Affordable , Tasty , Fast service

Cons: Too few vegan options

best veg laksa I have tasted so far - Edit

Out of many diff veg places, greendot serves the best laksa .. the laksa gravy is very flavourful and the sambal belachan chilly really complements it! I used to eat it every week since I was nearby for keyboard lessons.. also good to order are the Herbal soup, Taiwanese style noodles, and rice bento sets!

My favourite restaurant as a vegan - Edit

There aren't many vegetarian/vegan options in the west of Singapore as compared to the east, and I think this is probably the best restaurant in the area. I've been eating here since I was vegetarian, and I'm still eating here on a weekly basis as a vegan. Admittedly, the limited choices for vegans might be a drawback, but the food is so good that I don't mind at all.

There are currently only 2 options on the mains for vegans in this branch: the laksa and the shiitake mushroom noodles. The laksa is a must try, definitely. The laksa gravy is excellent, and I personally enjoy the konjac prawns. I haven't found a better vegetarian version of laksa outside of Greendot.

Btw, adding noodles is free of charge, so I'm always full after a meal there.

Pros: Delicious local food, Good service

Cons: Lack of choices for vegans (hopefully this might i

decent vegetarian versions of local/chinese food - Edit

if, like me, you've missed missed traditional malay and singaporean dishes since turning vegetarian, greendot at westgate is worth a visit if you're around jurong east.

it's a small, bright and cosy place minutes from the mrt station. we went there after 3 pm and it was nearly empty.

the lion mane mushroom rendang rice (usually made from beef) was hearty and delicious. it also contained broccoli, julienned cucumber and carrots.

the less healthier option, laksa, was not as "lemak" or rich/creamy as what i was used to as an omnivore, but nonetheless a decent attempt which i enjoyed.

though not cheap as compared to their non-veg versions, the helpings are big. my mum and i took a while to finish both bowls, and we were stuffed after that.

we also packed a bowl of herbal noodles for our omnivorous friend from taiwan, which she ate with no complaints.

with a variety of choices on offer, we were having a hard time deciding on our meals - the mushroom hotpot and mushroom bowls looked tempting as well. from what i remember, the westgate outlet does not serve burgers.

Pros: delicious

Cons: not cheap, laksa could be a bit more

Return to West Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Greendot - Westgate closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.