Green Way Food For Life

58-660-33-01

Piotrkowska 80, Lodz, Poland, 90-102

The Green Way Food For Life chain is the latest in restaurant franchises from one of the world's leading brands in vegetarian dining.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Indian, International, Organic, Raw, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by jaga20

I changed my mind! - Edit

I wrote this review last year and that time I was very disappointed. I decided to give it a chance again and I changed my mind!

Review from this year

I went to Green Way with my mum. She is also a vegetarian. I ordered vegetables in tomato sauce with groats. She ordered penne with spinach. My dish was very good! It was so good that I decided to eat it again the next day. Also, dishes there are very cheap!
I am glad I gave them another chance!

Review from last year

Yesterday I went there with my friends and unfortunately it was a big no no. First of all, I asked if I could change vegetarian avocado salad into vegan avocado salad. They didn't have tofu (no tofu in a vegetarian bar?!) so in the end I ordered a very simplified salad, with an apple instead of egg (lol).
I waited for a long time and when I finally got it the avocado was...unripe. So I got a "delicious" salad made of lettuce, tomato, apple and unripe avocado.
When I told the stuff about that they said that they couldn't help it as this is the only avocado they got, meaning all of them were unripe.

Unsatisfied, I left the restaurant and I am never going back there...

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-28

Pros: tasty vinegar, cheap, fast

Cons: unripe avocado in my salad, no tofu, only few vegan dishes

juliabernard 03 May 2017 - I went there again 2 days ago and this time I was satisfied. I am gonna write another review.

Tasty, good food - Edit

My family and I love greenway. I make them come with me every time we're around. Prior to my veganism, I always enjoyed the 'zielone kopytka' aka green gnocchi, with a vegetable and cream stew that is so delicious you wouldn't even believe it. One day I hope for a vegan version.

Most recently I ordered the beetroot patties which came with some side salads (grated carrot and some cabbage carrot salad) and buckwheat groats I believe. The patties were very tasty, slightly spicy and crunchy due to the fact they were filled with various nuts and seeds. The salads of course we're very refreshing, however the groats were just too dry and not cooked long enough for me, but that may be personal choice. I felt the fact that they were, to me, undercooked made them very difficult to chew through and swallow, so I left most of the on the plate. But everything else was delicious.
I also ordered the vegan blueberry pierogi - absolutely to die for! I love pierogi and I have had many thus far, however this was the first time that the blueberry filling was turned into a sort of paste or jam, and it was absolutely stunning. They were sprinkled with some cinnamon, and the aroma was beautiful.
Finally. I was cheeky enough to order a piece of szarlotka, aka apple pie, which was vegan and also delicious. I also had the pineapple, carrot, ginger and I think apple juice, which furthermore was tasty.
My dad ordered chlodnik, a cold purple soup made out of kefir or yoghurt I believe with egg and some veggies, and he enjoyed that immensely. He also had pierogi with strawberries and cottage cheese, also turned into a sort of paste. He devoured those too.
My mum ordered the potato pancakes with mushroom sauce, and a piece of cheesecake. The potato pancakes looked impressive as they were presented in a beautiful stack with mushroom sauce around it. She said that both the pancakes and cheesecake were fabulous.
Overall, my family and I always enjoy going to greenway, as there is always something for every veggie out there, and every non-veggie too.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan options that are equally tasty, The restaurant/bar is spacious inside

Cons: My favourite dish, green gnocchi, is not vegan!, There were no napkins for a while

Very Tasty! - Edit

This location is right on the main street (Piotrkowska). It's a nicely decorated restaurant.

It's more of a vegetarian restaurant with vegan options but there are still many good choices. We tried the Vegetables in Curry Sauce, the Mexican Stew and the Pear/Orange/Apple Juice-- mmmmm.

Very good prices, too.

Pros: Well made food, Location, Price

Good option in the centre of Łódź. - Edit

Since Łódź isn't lucky to have too many vegan/vegetarian places, this one, situated in the main street, is worth paying attention to.

It's a part of Green Way chain and offers a menu similar to the ones in all the rest of the branches. Food is mostly Asian style, sometimes inspired by Polish cuisine as well. Prices are reasonable, portions really hearty. In a nutshell - a reliable place.

Pros: location, prices, food - generally tasty

Cons: atmosphere - typical buffet

Best in Lodz. - Edit

Best Green Way in Lodz but I think meals costs more but it's still cheap.

Pros: taste

Return to Lodz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Way Food For Life closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.