Green Day

Mikolajska 14, Krakow, Poland, 31-027

At Rynek Glowny Market Square, east of St. Mary's Church in old town. In 2013 it took over the Green Way Classic Mikolajska that was here. Similar menu and concept. Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Buffet, Fast food, Salad bar, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by nclarken

Tasty vegan burger - Edit

The café is bigger than what you would expect due to the mezzanine, the free wifi Internet is reasonably good and more importantly, the vegan burger I ordered was really tasty, hence the title. Nice little place to have a break and eat.

Great vegan cake! - Edit

We stopped by for some vegan cake and it tasted super good! The location is super central, perfect for a quick stop in between some sightseeing.

Pros: great vegan food, friendly staff, beautiful, central location

Great soup! - Edit

Very cheap, jummy and filling lentil soup- I would reccomend it to everyone. Nice staff and good location.

Pros: Nice staff., excellent food, Very cheap

Cons: Not many vegan options.

Not that good for vegans - Edit

If your in search for a vegan meal, this is not the place. The 3 vegan options my boyfriend and I shared were sort of bland. The bread was stale. Service wasn't all that great. This is a franchise , and the vibe definitely reminds you of that. Decent coffee though.

stumbled across it by accident - Edit

I accidentally found this place and loved it. No wifi and very studenty. Nice and cool on a hot summers day - lots of vegan choices, daily menu, very cheap and friendly, English speaking staff. Not a fancy place but great value for money!

Good one - Edit

Large range of vegan options, good decoration. Cheap but not very big portions of food. Staff speak english. Vegan Cakes and fresh juices available.

Pros: Price, Taste

Ok food - Edit

This place is good when you're too hungover to be bothered to walk any further, I went twice on my 4 day visit in Kraków. Food was average both times but the second time I went the staff were very Rude.

If I were you, I'd avoid this place and walk or get s taxi further out of the city centre & visit some of the 5 star restaurants on this app

Pros: very close to city centre

Cons: staff, no toilet

go if you must - Edit

nothing special, food is not so good, there is no toilet, i only go there if i must.

Cons: no toilet

The food was tasty but no vegan desserts available - Edit

My mum and I went on a Saturday morning at about 10.30am, it was completely empty but the woman behind the counter was nice and it was bright and clean. The breakfast menu was a bit disappointing, basically only hard boiled eggs or hummus with salad and bread. We didn't fancy either so opted for the vegan enchiladas (I've uploaded a photo) and my mum had the spinach and cheese pancake. I also had a soya coffee but was told they didn't have the vegan apple pie and no other vegan desserts - bit disappointing. I have to say that the meals were delicious and I would highly recommend if that's what you fancy, great portions and not too expensive - about £5 each for a main and drink.

Cons: No vegan apple pie as advertised.

tin food, no toilet - Edit

The only good things I can say in regards to the restaurant is that they have a full English menu and tasty vegan apple pie. The other dishes we ordered - soy steaks and bean steaks - were cold and hard to chew. The tomato sauce was disturbingly sweet, the mushroom sauce reminded me of a bland ready-made packet sauce, the salads were okay but could have come from a large tin too.

Resume: Disappointing.

Extra minus: no toilet.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 23, 2015

Pros: tasty vegan apple pie

Cons: no toilet, food not fresh & not tasty

easy take away - Edit

Just like other Green Day restaurants, this place has some vegan options. English menu available. Staff spoke English. Take away orders are really fast. Vegan apple cake (when available) is really nice.

Pros: Fast

Cons: Could have more vegan options

Bad tummy experience! - Edit

Visited Green Day at the weekend, Stewart had soya steaks which were heavy so he left one of them but did enjoy the salad. I opted for the vegan enchiladas which tasted nice albeit cold....unfortunately we then had to go straight back to the hotel as I had a stomach cramp! Fortunately the hotel wasn't too far away as the cramp developed into a bad stomach....we will not be going again.

Cons: Food Cold, Not all menu items available, Bad stomach experience

It is still in full swing - Edit

Just close to the Great market Rynek Glówny , go east, passing the quiet Meat Market Maly Rynek.Green Day is stillin ful swing, havinga choice of snacks, sof drinks and main courses. But alas, noo beer, now wine. Such is life in some veggie places. But no problem, have your beear first in one of the places on Maly Rynek.

Pros: pure veggie, good choice

Cons: no beers nor wines, very simple restaurant

Nothing special - Edit

The food was okay but really nothing special. A little bit without taste.

Pros: staff, localisation

Cons: tasteless food

Average - Edit

Nothing more, nothing less. I'd go again if I felt out of options when in that area.

Cons: Staff was a bit too carefree

We were glad to find this nice restaurant - Edit

A nice vegetarian/ vegan self service. In the heart of Krakow, near Small Market Square. Well worth the money spent. Inexpensive. In extensive use by locals. Wonderful soups and nice second dishes. The stuff is helpful and efficient. We did return, since it has lovely atmosphere and we enjoyed their food. I would not recommend their coffee. Indian food with Polish inclination
Updated from previous review on Saturday December 07, 2013

Pros: Location, Tasty food, Vegan/ Vegetarian

Cons: coffee, Indian / Polish

Makes your day greener... - Edit

Nice place to have some good veggie lunch. The interior is not spectacular but cozy.

We tried the Enchilada and some fried potato cutlets with mushroom sauce. Both were absolutely okay and reasonable concerning the price.

Also the juice bar looked quite good but we didn't tried it. Maybe next time!

In general a nice place to stay. Personally I would suggest it to a vegetarian who stays in Krakow and looks for something nice and simple to eat.

Pros: good food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices

Cons: staff could be more friendly

It's Green Day now - and basically that's it... - Edit

I have been here 4 or 5 times during the last year. Except for the recent name change (they supposedly decided to part ways with the "Green Way" restaurant chain - but you can still find the "Green Way mixed plate" on the menu ;) no sign of innovation here. The modernized "Green Way" franchise you'll now find on Krupnicza street

The place is very typical of polish self-service, pay-upfront, return-your-plates "restaurants" - not that I were troubled by any of these, just informing. Vegan options are limited to four or so, veganization doesn't mean substituting animal-derived products, but simply omitting these. Food quality is average at best and the usual, uninspired enchilada-samosa-polish staple food eclecticism. Nothing is made fresh, all re-hash. Don't think of this place as healthy or eco-friendly, the name is all that's "green" here.

If you have alternatives - choose them.

Pros: Close to the Main Square, re-hashed food (fast)

Cons: Not very vegan-friendly, re-hashed food (poor taste), bland, boring, don't bother

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Green Day closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.